Let’s paint the scene. It’s 9 AM, your Zoom class starts in 30 minutes, and you’ve just rolled out of bed. Instead of reaching for a bowl of sugary cereal, why not indulge yourself and treat your body like the temple it is? Here are a few quick and easy breakfast recipes to make at home when you have no time. Bonus points, they’re healthy! 

Banana-Blueberry Oat Pancakes

I can’t take the credit for this one, but these pancakes are delicious and so easy to make. Plus, they’re packed with fiber, antioxidants, and protein-not to mention potassium. As she says in the video, the Chia seeds are completely optional and if you aren’t a fan of honey, maple syrup is a great option. The upside? They’re quick to put together and cook up.

Homemade Granola 

cereal, granola, muesli, sweet, milk
Isabel Wang

It might be easier to just head to your local market and pick up a bag of granola, but trust me, you’ll never want to do that again after trying it yourself. Granola is really easy to make-it only requires four or five ingredients, depending on the variety. Also, you won’t get all the added sugars and preservatives found in store-bought granola. Add it to yogurt or eat with some milk for a healthy, quick alternative in the morning. 

Recipe link: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/maple-almond-cranberry-granola/#tasty-recipes-69827

Avocado Toast 

avocado, egg, cafe, avocado toast, toast, breakfast, breakfast sandwich, sandwich, bread, brunch, Health, Healthy
Denise Uy

It may be a cliche, but it’s a good one. Avocado toast is probably one of the healthiest breakfasts around-certainly one of the naturalists. All you need is a few ingredients and you're good to go! Simply mash up your avocado, mix in your seasonings, and spread it on some toast. That’s all there is to it.

Smoothies 

blueberry, smoothie, yogurt, berry
Jessica Farber

Breakfast in a cup! Another breakfast that falls into the natural category, smoothies are a quick punch of nutrients in the morning. If you have access to a blender, you can easily whip up a nutritious, tasty breakfast to kickstart your day. My favorite smoothie to make consists of only three ingredients: a banana, half an orange, and a milk of your choice.

*For a creamy texture, freeze the peeled banana and half of the peeled orange the night before.

Whole Wheat Toast with Trader Joe’s Cinnamon Bun Spread 

wheat, bread, toast, cereal, rye, flour, wheat bread, crust, sandwich, brown bread

This one isn’t that complicated. While you could make your own whole wheat bread from scratch, it’s easiest to just go pick up a loaf of whole wheat bread at the market (they tend to be pretty healthy). Also, don’t let the name fool you! Standing at only 60 calories per serving, this delicious spread is reminiscent of the ooey-gooey center of a cinnamon bun, without the added carbs. It absolutely screams fall. What better way to jumpstart your morning as we enter October? 

Fruit and Yogurt Parfait

strawberry, cream, chocolate, mint, dairy product, sweet
Lindsey Sample

Don't go wasting your precious money and time at the store. With two or three simple ingredients, you can make your own parfait at home. Gone are the days when you wished for more berries in a layer of your breakfast. At home, you can pack in as many layers of that healthy goodness as you want. Plus, it's more natural! 

So there you have it! The easiest, fastest recipes you can make at home. During this time, it's easy to neglect ourselves and reach for whatever's the easiest. But with a few simple ingredients, we can be eating like royalty-and healthily too.