With the weather being unusually hot, it's time to start gearing back up for some refreshing, light dishes that will take off the spring heat. Unlike traditional American coleslaw recipes, Asian coleslaws tend to be lighter due to the fact that it doesn't use a mayonnaise-based dressing.

This easy Asian coleslaw recipe takes less than 10 minutes and tastes like the stuff you'd find at P.F. Chang's. Whether you're looking for a quick, healthy snack or a side dish for a summer cookout, after you give this recipe a try, you won't go back to the pre-packaged mixes at the supermarket. 

Easy Asian Coleslaw

• Cook Time:0

• 2 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1/2 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 2 cucumbers
  • 1 cup cabbage
  • 1/4 apple
  • 1/2 cup dried seaweed
  • 1 tablespoon nuts
vegetable, broccoli, bok choy, salad
Hannah Park

To make the dressing, mix together soy sauce, sugar, olive oil, and sesame oil. Add in more soy sauce or sugar depending on how salty or sweet you want the dressing to be.

For the salad, finely chop two cucumbers into matchsticks. Finely chop cabbage into matchsticks as well. Roughly dice the apple and roughly chop the seaweed into half-inch strips. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl.

Lightly drizzle the homemade dressing over the salad. Feel free to add more or less according to taste. Mix the dressing well into the salad. Once all of the ingredients are combined, add a pinch of nuts on top to complete the dish.

vegetable, broccoli, bok choy, salad
    Hannah Park