Christmas is right around the corner and to get into the holiday spirit, there is nothing better than drinking hot cocoa and making gingerbread houses. At Walt Disney World, guests can find life-size gingerbread displays. Not only are these displays great for photographs, but they provide guests with the chance to buy gingerbread and other beloved holiday treats. 

1. Grand Floridian Resort And Spa 

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa is home to one of the most popular gingerbread displays at Disney World. This gingerbread display is nearly 14 feet tall and consists of a vast number of ingredients. According to the ingredients list, the display consists of 1,050 pounds of honey, 140 pints of egg whites, 600 pounds of powdered sugar, 700 pounds of chocolate, 800 pounds of flour, 35 pounds of spices and tons of Disney magic and creativity. 

This display hosts a snack shop where guests can shop their favorite holiday treats including gingerbread roof shingles, cake pops, donuts, s'mores and more. The shop is usually open between 10am-10pm, but the line gets longer as the day goes on, so make sure to head over early to get a spot on line!

2. Contemporary Resort

If you are looking for a way to escape the crowds at Magic Kingdom, head over to the Contemporary Resort and check out Cinderella's Castle made out of gingerbread. This gingerbread display pays tribute to "It's A Small World" Imagineer Mary Blair and has been seen on the 4th floor of the hotel for the past 10 years.  

Near the display, guests can find a gingerbread snack stand where different treats and souvenirs are available for purchase. In celebration of the 10th anniversary, a special cookie box is being sold which contains four different cookie flavors. 

3. Boardwalk Resort

The Boardwalk Resort, located near Epcot, also has a gingerbread display in the lobby. This display is supposed to represent the Boardwalk and everything it has to offer from shopping to fine dining. Trattoria al Forno can be seen to the left of the bakery followed by Flying Fish.

If you are looking for somewhere to eat breakfast after looking at this display, Trattoria al Forno is a wonderful character meal with Flynn Rider, Rapunzel, Ariel and Prince Eric. If you don't have enough time for a sit-down meal, the Boardwalk Bakery serves sandwiches and pastries for those who are on the go. 

4. Beach Club

Finished looking at the gingerbread display at the Boardwalk? Head over to the Beach Club to check out the gingerbread carousel. This display is inspired by the film "Peter Pan" with horses representing Peter, Wendy, Tinker Bell and Mr. Smee. Th horses are made of chocolate and the display includes over 2,000 gingerbread pieces. 

5. Wilderness Lodge

If you are headed to Wilderness Lodge, make sure to check out this gingerbread cabin display. In addition to the display, there are chocolate sculptures of Chip and Dale. 

Overall Thoughts

If you are headed to Disney this holiday season, make sure to check out the gingerbread displays at these resorts across property. If you are not staying at a resort mentioned above, many of the other hotels have smaller gingerbread houses on display in the lobby which are usually created by cast members.