The holiday season can be super stressful when we feel pressured to get the "perfect gifts" for our loved ones. Fortunately, Iowa City has got your holiday shopping covered. Whether you're looking for a clay pot for your grandma or a handmade necklace for your mom, here are the holiday markets to look out for this winter:

1. Downtown Holiday Pop-Up Shops

Located in the heart of the Downtown area, vendors and stores set up mini shops outdoors to promote shopping small and local businesses. You can find everything from knitted scarves and hats to gift baskets put together by downtown shops and restaurants. If you're looking for a gift for someone that screams "Iowa City," the pop-up shops are open three days a week for a month, so you have plenty of time to get your shopping in!

Th/Fri/Sat, November 25th - December 23rd

11:00 AM - 7:00 PM, Iowa City Downtown District

2. Iowa City Holiday Market

If you're as in love with the Iowa City Farmer's Market as I am, the Iowa City Holiday Market is basically your dream come true. There may not be food trucks selling vegan pancakes or breakfast pizzas, but local farmers still come to sell their produce, as well as local artists and vendors who sell jewelry, specialty food products, and handmade items. The perfect spot to get your grocery shopping and your holiday shopping done at the same time.

Saturday, December 9th

8:00 AM - 1:00 PM, Robert A. Lee Recreation Center

3. Not Your Mother's Craft Fair

If you find standard craft fairs boring, Iowa City's community is hosting it's annual Not Your Mother's Craft Fair to make the craft fair scene more interesting. A holiday market with music, drinks, and unique, hand-made products crafted by local artists -- definitely more exciting than most craft fairs.

Saturday, December 9th

9:00 AM - 3:00 PM, MERGE Iowa City

4. Holiday Thieves' Market

The Holiday Thieves' Market is the best spot to find gifts for all the art fanatics in your life. Local artists come together to sell everything from handmade pottery to photography prints to robot figurines made from old computer parts. The market also features a free holiday concert, art activities for kids, a silent auction for Dance Marathon, and free gift wrapping.

Sat/Sun, December 2nd - December 3rd

10:00 AM - 5:00 PM / 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Iowa Memorial Union

5. Iowa City Public Library Arts and Crafts Bazaar

The Arts and Crafts Bazaar will not only benefit your gift-supplying needs, but all the money will go towards the Iowa City Public Library Friends Foundation to benefit the library's programs and collections. Nothing better than supporting a local community while also finding handmade items for your friends and family!

Saturday, December 2nd

10:00 AM - 3:00 PM, Iowa City Public Library

Ashleigh Monaco

Holiday shopping doesn't have to be stressful. Your family members and friends deserve something special, and the holiday markets in Iowa City are the best places to find the unique gifts you're looking for. Farmer's market season might be over, but the holiday market season has only just begun.