Owned by the Paragary restaurant group, Cafe Bernardo is the kind of restaurant that every town needs. With three locations in Sacramento and one in Davis, you will find yourself enjoying anything off the menu at any time of day.

bacon, pizza, chicken, sauce
Ally Reyes

Brunch on the weekends is from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. And alongside the $10 unlimited mimosas, your day could start off with a lovely and light Amaretto French Toast; or a Bernardo Benedict with toasted rosemary bread, applewood smoked ham, and herbed potatoes. The lunch and dinner menu offer the classics such as kale Caesar salad, and gourmet ham and cheese. A Grilled Flat Iron steak with bleu cheese, caramelized onions, and smashed potatoes also make an appearance for those of you searching for bolder flavors and a heartier meal.

cheese, pizza
Cat Taylor

Cafe Bernardo holds a fantastic menu. The true highlight, for every college kid at least, is the happy hour menu that can't be beat. Every single bar bite that you could ever want in your life is on it. The main difference is the care and attention that Cafe Bernardo provides, layering flavor onto flavor and ensuring a gastronomic, yet still drunken experience. On Mondays to Fridays from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. you will find that your chili cheese fries game will be forever changed by the smoked cheddar sauce on the Bar Fries.

cheese, tomato, pasta, meat, vegetable, sauce
Ally Reyes

Not a potato fan? Not a problem. Those over 21 can also enjoy their $4 cocktails with sweet and savory Korean Chicken Wings, and Black Bean Nachos with house-made Tortilla Chips that will keep you coming back for seconds.

mozzarella, dough, chicken, meat, crust, sauce, cheese, pizza
Isabelle Huang

Niman Ranch Sliders with cheddar and caramelized onions will pair great with a draft beer, and both the mushroom and pepperoni pizza and cumin and citrus marinated pork quesadillas will be exactly the flavor bomb you need before, during, and after the hangover.

salami, tomato, cheese, mozzarella, sauce, crust, dough, pepperoni, pizza
Jessica Hsieh

If you catch yourself both hungry and adventurous on a Thursday afternoon, trade in your typical Thai food run to Cafe Bernardo. I sure know that I'll be coming after more of those Korean Chicken Wings.