So you want to go grab lunch but none of your friends are free. Did you forget about the doe-eyed, furry friend staring at you? Because you know he (or she) is always down for anything. That's why I rounded up the top dog-friendly locations in LA and the OC to munch with your mutt.

1. Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar

This lodge-inspired restaurant was established when the owner wished everyone could feel like a lazy dog sleeping by the fire. The menu caters to all and features plates like bison burgers, hummus platters, or even a full plate of ultimate nachos. The patio has comfy couches and plenty of firepits for your pooch.

2. The Dog Café

This brand new café in Los Angeles combines your two favorite things—pups and cups. The dog adoption process is being revolutionized by connecting the community with rescue pups looking for a new home. Guests can stop by to order food from Grounds & Hounds Coffee Co. and then play with dogs currently up for adoption in nearby shelters.

3. The Filling Station

Head out for a nice brunch in the heart of Downtown Orange at this cozy eatery. Dogs big and small are welcome and can enjoy a long drink from the water dishes provided at the front.

4. Café Beau Soleil 

wine
Emma Liegler

Are we in France or Newport Beach? Sit back, relax, and enjoy the French music as you sip on a café au lâit. You can even order your dog a side of chicken to snack on.

5. Park Bench Café

The only place in Huntington Beach to feature both a human menu and a dog menu. Eggs, hot dogs, and even dog treats are served to your furry friend. Afterwards, you can play fetch with your pup in the open grass surrounding the café.

6. Hummingbird House

San Juan Capistrano is known for its Mexican food, but if that's not your thing, dine on authentic Greek dishes in Old Town. The shaded patio will encourage you to stick around all day, but make sure you don't leave without a visit to the small petting zoo around the corner first.

7. La Galette Creperie

An ocean view as good as this deserves to be enjoyed with a buddy. Take plenty of photos of yourself and your pup to be featured on La Galette's Instagram. 

8. Grub

Grub is staffed completely by dog owners and lovers—they will even bring out bowls of water without asking. If you have a Hollywood-loving hound, stop by for breakfast or lunch on the weekends. 

9. Sit Stay Café

Every dog gets a complimentary treat when you stop at this eatery. Let Fido bas in paradise as you both admire the doggy décor. 

10. Pelican Isle

Located right next door to the local dog beach, Pelican Isle is the ideal spot after a good run on the sand. If you bring along your pup, you can sit on the patio overlooking boats on the water.

11. Ruby's Shake Shack

SoCal natives can't get enough of the old classic, Ruby's. This outdoor shack is located at the top of Crystal Cove and is an essential stop for doggy date night to watch the sunset.

12. In-N-Out

When in doubt, In-N-Out. All locations have great outdoor seating for you and your pup. Just be warned that your furry friend will be begging for french fries the whole time.

cake, pizza
Emma Liegler

Bone appétit!

peanut
Emma Liegler