It’s December. You’re laying on your towel at the beach; the sand between your toes, there’s sun shining on your face, and there are waves crashing on the shore, adding the perfect soundtrack to your serene day… but just then, your tummy rumbles.

Shit. You need to eat. Now.

Luckily, there are tons of amazing beach eats just steps away from the warm sand. We did all the work for you, so you don’t have to think twice about where to go.

1. Fish Tacos from Ricky’s Fish Tacos

beach

Photo courtesy of Yelp

Voted the best seafood taco in LA by LA Weekly, Ricky’s is Mexican food at its best: fresh fried fish, a warm corn tortilla, lot of pico de gallo… It’s simple and just what you need after a long day by the beach.

2. Acai Bowls from Banzai Bowls

beach

Photo courtesy of Yelp

There’s nothing quite so Californian as an Insta-worthy acai bowl. Bonus points to Banzai for making theirs extra gorg — it’ll be the perfect complement to your beachy waves and neon bikini.

3. Breakfast Burritos from Lily’s Cafe and Pastries

beach

Photo courtesy of Yelp

Any Californian knows that breakfast burritos 1) are way better than breakfast sandwiches and 2) can be eaten any time of the day. After a long beach hike and swim in Malibu, nothing is better than a Lily’s burrito stuffed with bacon, egg, potato and her homemade salsa.

4. Corn Chips from Have’a Chips

beach

Photo courtesy of Instagram

These are arguably Laguna Beach’s most well-known food, as people from all over the country try them, fall in love with them and are beyond disappointed when they can’t find them anywhere other than California. And, well Amazon.

5. Fruit from the Fruit Stands

beach

Photo courtesy of Instagram

If California is known for its fresh fruit, then LA is known for its fruit stands. With a sprinkle of chili, lime and salt, these ubiquitous fruit stands are the perfect addition to any beach trip.

6. The Godmother Sandwich from Bay Cities

beach

Photo courtesy of Yelp

Stuffed to the brim with Genoa salami, prosciutto, mortadella, coppacola, ham and provolone cheese on freshly baked and toasted Italian bread, the Godmother sandwich is the sandwich your beach trip craves.

#SpoonTip: The lines are long, so order ahead.

7. Garlic Knots from C & O Trattoria

beach

Photo courtesy of cotrattoria.com

These salty, hot, garlicky rolls are little bits of heaven that you’ll never want to stop eating. Goodbye beach bod diet, hello gluten!

8. Sushi from Zooma Sushi

beach

Photo by Dyan Khor

If you don’t stop along the PCH for freshly caught seafood, then are you even Californian?

9. Green Tea Latte from Urth Caffe

beach

Photo courtesy of Yelp

Sometimes the beach is cold (for LA standards, anyway), so warm up with a matcha latte from Urth. Because all the insta pics, ya know?

10. Ice Cream from Scoops Westside

beach

Photo courtesy of Facebook

With flavors such as pumpkin ale, horchata popcorn and banana caramel Oreo, Scoops is a must for your post-beach ice cream pig-out.

#SpoonTip: Their non-dairy flavors are just as unique.

11. Lemonade from Hot Dog on a Stick

beach

Photo courtesy of Instagram

Nothing quenches your thirst quite like lemonade. Hot Dog on a Stick was voted one of the best lemonades in LA and is super cheap as well, so you and your wallet will be equally satisfied.

12. Animal Burger from In-N-Out

beach

Photo courtesy of Tumblr

There’s always a time and place for In-N-Out.