I’ve never gone to McDonald’s or Chipotle or really any fast food chain and purchased a meal that looks anything like the mouth-watering, picture-perfect burger, burrito, or bowl promised in the ads. I just thought that was the way things are. You know, just another adorable whim of capitalism. However, as it turns out, false advertising is a huge problem. So huge that one TB customer is suing Taco Bell for $5 million in reparations.

Why is Taco Bell being sued?

Frank Siragusa is not having any of Taco Bell’s false advertising. After paying $5.49 for a Taco Bell Mexican Pizza last September in New York City, Siragusa sued Taco Bell after the Mexican Pizza he received contained less than half the beef and beans promised in the chain’s advertising promotion visuals. Reuters quoted Siragusa saying that Taco Bell’s false advertising is “unfair and financially damaging to customers, especially now that inflation, food, and meat prices are very high and many consumers, especially lower-income consumers, are struggling financially.” Siragusa wants to keep Taco Bell responsible and repay customers who have been tricked by Taco Bell’s advertising in the past.

What exactly is false advertising?

According to Los Angeles County’s Consumer & Business Affairs, false advertising counts as any untrue or misleading information used by a store or company to get you to purchase their products and/or come to their store. False advertising is against the law.

If Siragusa wins, who is eligible for compensation?

If Siragusa wins — and it’s likely he will given the success of his lawyers against fast food chains in the past — customers who purchased a Mexican Pizza, Veggie Mexican Pizza, Crunchwrap Supreme, Grande Crunchwrap, and Vegan Crunchwrap will be eligible for $5 million in compensation.

Yes, some lawyers specialize in suing fast-food chains

Several of the lawyers handling Siragusa’s case have dealt with negligent food chain claims in the past. One of the lawyers, Anthony Russo, took on Burger King last year. So, the good news is, if you’re obsessed with keeping food chains in line, there’s a branch of law just for you.