Arizona Iced Tea can be easily spotted in grocery stores with its vibrant colors and appealing design. It’s a nostalgic drink, one with a flavor that will probably bring you back to middle school. Why? Because the canned beverage was always less than $1 (a price middle schooler can afford), and it looks like that won’t change anytime soon.

Don Vultaggio, founder of Arizona Iced Tea, just proved he’s the beverage GOAT by putting customers first. With almost 200 different flavors and three billion units sold a year, it’s shocking that the drink’s price has stayed at 99 cents.

In an interview with Today, Vultaggio shared his perspective on the pricing. He emphasized that individuals facing financial challenges, such as paying rent, shouldn’t have to spend extra on Arizona Iced Tea. The question was asked: will Arizona Iced Tea raise the price ever?

“Not in the foreseeable future,” he said “We’re gonna fight as hard as we can for consumers.”

Arizona Iced Tea was first sold in 1992 with the price of 99 cents for a 23-ounce can. Surprisingly, Vultaggio had never been to Arizona when he named the beverage. The idea emerged from a former family house in Queens that looked like it belonged in Arizona.

In 2022, inflation consumed many products. The prices were rising everywhere: gas stations, restaurants, and even dollar stores. Through this change, the Arizona Iced Tea beverage remained 99 cents. Despite the doubling price of aluminum and the ridiculous gas prices to ship the drink, Vultaggio remained persistent on his price. During the time, the company was making less money, but Vultaggio insisted, “Consumers don’t need another price increase from a guy like me.”

The drink can be found in most local grocery stores in can form for less than $1 with popular flavors like Green Tea, Mucho Mango, and Half & Half.