The college student life can be hard when you're trying to juggle school, work, a social life, and staying fit. But, it's okay to splurge on the sweet treats once in a while and Tucson is the best place for that - the desserts in this desert will satisfy your sweet tooth at any time of the day. 

1. Amy's Donuts

This delightful pop-up shop recently opened in Tucson this summer and everyone's talking about it. Why? Because of their crazy donut flavors. These donuts are far from ordinary, each one is different from the other and has inspiration behind each idea. Some of their flavors include cereals, Oreos, Butterfinger, Marshmallow, Banana Foster, Chips Ahoy, and much more. The best part? They're open 24/7.

Address: 101 E Fort Lowell Road, Tucson, AZ 85705

2. HUB Ice Cream Factory

If you haven't been to HUB Ice Cream Factory, you need to visit ASAP. HUB Ice Cream Factory has different flavors for each season which are created using natural ingredients. Some of the many ice cream flavors they offer include Mexican wedding cake, Pistachio Orange Blossom, Bourbon Almond Brittle, Oatmeal Cookie Dough, Banana Nutella and even Vegan ice cream. They also have their most popular item on the list: the Chocolate Taco for $5. Smores tacos are also available. They are open Sunday through Friday noon - 10 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from noon-midnight. 

Address: 245 E. Congress Street,Tucson, AZ 85701

3. Stray Dogs Grill

Stray Dogs is a fun restaurant to visit with your family. If you're looking for a good bite to satisfy your hot dog, hamburger or wings cravings - this is the place you want to visit. But, most importantly, Stray Dogs is known for their Instagram worthy milkshakes. Each month they present a new milkshake, but don't forget about their infamous ones and brag-worthy regular menu items. I've had their Churrochata milkshake which is a Horchata milkshake with salted caramel around the rim of the cup, crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch pieces, whipped cream, more caramel on top, and two freshly made Churros - they were to die for. Stray Dogs is open every day from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Address: 78 W. River Road, Tucson, Arizona 85704

4. Frost- Gelato

Frost is the closest thing to Italy's finest gelato without leaving the country. Their gelato is made fresh daily and has the same creamy consistency as Italian gelato.  Since I'm Italian and grew up with real gelato around me all the time, I'm glad I found a perfect substitute here in Tucson. They have different flavors every month such as matcha, chai tea, avocado, pear riesling, and toasted coconut creme brulee for September. Frost is open Sunday-Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 10:10 p.m. Friday and Saturday: 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.

Address: 2905 E Skyline Dr, Tucson, AZ 85718

5. Woops! Bakeshop  

Whoops! Bakeshop is a lovely bakery and coffee shop right on the University of Arizona campus. Students can stroll in any day of the week for freshly made macarons of all flavors imaginable.  Some of their flavors are Cookies and Cream, Nutella, Rose, Pistachio, Passion Fruit, Espresso Macchiato, Dark Chocolate, and much more. Woops! is open on Monday - Thursday 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.

Address: 845 E. University Blvd., Tucson, Arizona 85719

So, as you can see there is a lot more to Tucson than its 23 miles of Mexican food - the desserts are just as good and if you haven't been to any of these places yet. What are you waiting for?