Picture this. You wake up, look over at your phone, and see that it's 8:30 am, and you've got a discussion section at 9 am all the way across campus. Hurriedly, you put on clothes, brush your teeth, and run to class. On your way, you stop at a café/coffee shop to grab something to hold you over until your lunch break, so of course you grab a bagel—it's a no-brainer. In your frazzled state of mind, bagels are the quintessential breakfast. However, how exactly do you take your bagel? And what does it say about you? Well, here's what your go-to bagel combination says about you.

Egg & Bacon: You're Dependable

The classic breakfast sandwich combination, egg and bacon breakfast sandwiches never fail to hit the spot. I mean, you can never go wrong with some crispy bacon strips and an over-easy egg, all between two fluffy, toasted bagel halves. Just like this consistent combination, you're dependable. You never let people down, and everyone loves you for that. 

Peanut Butter & Banana: You're Spontaneous

Anyone that knows me knows that I'm a peanut butter and banana fanatic. It's objectively one of the best combinations, because you can have it for breakfast, dessert, and anything in between. Plus, there are so many different ways to spice up your PBB treats, including cool types of peanut butter (white chocolate macadamia nut peanut butter, anyone?). It's never boring with peanut butter and banana, nor is it boring with you, if this is your favorite bagel topping.

Ham & Cheese: You're Easy to Please

Sometimes, the simplest things in life are the most fulfilling. A prime example is anything ham and cheese, a combination that's a safe crowd-pleaser, since it's so delicious. Much like you, ham and cheese bagels are uncomplicated and unfussy, but that's what makes them so beloved.

Cream Cheese & Jam: You Put Family First

There's something so comforting about a warm bagel with cream cheese and jam, especially if the jam is homemade. It's a perfect breakfast for staying in on a rainy day, sitting around the dining room table with your family, sipping tea or coffee and taking things slow. It's little moments like these, especially surrounded by the people you love the most, that make you really appreciate good food and better company.

Yogurt & Berries: You're Mellow

Look, I'm from Los Angeles, I love a good ai bowl like everyone else. However, sometimes they can be time-intensive to make, and açai can be hard to find, so yogurt bowls are the easier way to make this nutrient-packed dish. Slathering some yogurt and berries on a bagel proves that you're super mellow. I mean, you get the probiotics of the yogurt and juicy fruit taste, all on a portable medium, without all the fuss of trying to make a pretty bowl.

Lox With All the Works: You Appreciate the Finer Things in Life

Before I tried it, I was always a little intimidated by lox. Salmon on a bagel for breakfast just seemed too fancy for my taste. However, after trying it for the first time this past year, I got over my fear. Combined with capers, sour cream, and onions, lox bagel lovers have sophisticated palettes and tastes, meaning they take the time to appreciate the finer things in life.

Nutella: You Live to Break the Rules

Nutella on toast is an "acceptable" breakfast, but my mom never let me eat it growing up because she thought that it was too much sugar so early in the morning. However, if today you slather Nutella like nobody's business first thing when you wake up, props to you. You break the rules, andI applaud you for your confidence and will live vicariously through you.

Avocado & Fried Egg: You're Always on Top of Trends

Move over, avocado toast: Avocado-egg bagel sandwiches are here to take over youe food Instagram monopoly. Avo toast is great and all, but bagels serve as a better base for the sunny side-up egg and avocado, and it's time that we get with the program. If you're already ordering avocado-egg bagels, you're ahead of the curve, leading the pack into a new era.

Mozzarella and Pepperoni: You're Nostalgic

You know those pizza bagels that they used to serve you during lunch in elementary school? They were always the star of the cafeteria's menu, and I look back fondly on those days. As an adult, it might not be socially acceptable to go to your old school to grab some, but if you're feeling nostalgic, order one the next time you're in a time crunch for breakfast or even make your own in less than 30 minutes.

Plain Cream Cheese: You Never go Out of Style

I couldn't an article about popular bagel combinations without including the most common of them all: plain cream cheese. The vanilla ice cream of bagels, cream cheese is here to stay. It's irreplaceable. It's timeless. And it'll never go out of style, much like you. You're classy and elegant, so keep doing you.

Hungry yet? I sure am. Now that you've got bagels on your mind, go out there and satisfy your craving, whether it be by getting your go-to combination or trying out some new toppings. You can thank me later.