Thanksgiving might be over, but an important holiday is approaching: December 9 is National Pastry Day. Obviously, you need to take advantage of this excuse to continue to eat whatever you want this holiday season. One thing's for sure – pie must be present. In order to celebrate this holiday, I set out to find the best pie recipes that Spoon has to offer, and returned victorious.

I recently discovered this incredible video that encompasses how I feel about pie: speechless. Try to say the line ten times fast: "Baked in a buttery, flaky crust." I'll give it to these guys, it is a tongue twister. Dying for some pie to celebrate National Pastry Day? Read ahead.

1. Classic Apple Pie

apple, bread, pie
Luna Zhang

Everyone loves this fall favorite – especially your grandma. Try out this apple pie to please all your friends in one fell swoop 

2. Sugar Cookie Crust Pumpkin Pie

sweet, cake, bread, pastry, cream
Erica Coulter
Bored with regular pumpkin pie? Look no further. This creative take on a classic combines the flavors you love with a unique crispy crust. 

3. Chocolate Meringue Pie

pie, cream, tart, meringue, cake, sweet
Lara Schwieger

Chocolate lovers in your family? This chocolate meringue pie pushes boundaries on traditions, while maintaining the purpose of a pie. Yes, please. 

4. Salted Caramel Apple Pie

sweet, pastry, cake, pie, bread
Erin Voss

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my own crying because that's how incredible this pie is. Salty and sweet make the perfect flavor combination to finish off any meal.

5. Purple Sweet Potato Pie

This pie is easy, purple, and perfect – game over. Throw this recipe into the rotation to add some unexpected color into your meal. Orange sweet potatoes are so 2015, anyway. 

6. Chicken Pot Pie

chicken, pie
Caty Schnack

In the market for something more savory? This chicken pot pie will satisfy your craving for pie but lacks the sugar crash. 

7. Eggnog Pumpkin Pie

pie, sweet, pastry, pumpkin, chocolate, pecan, crust, cake
Eva Reynolds

If you're feeling the Christmas spirit, this eggnog pumpkin pie pairs well with Christmas songs and holiday cheer. For real, though, can you get drunk off pie?

8. Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

pie, rhubarb, vegetable, sweet, tart, pastry, meat
Pavindra Maheswaren

This pie may be slightly out of season (rhubarb is most popular during the summer), but don't let me stop you by any means. 

9. Pecan Pie

cream, chocolate, pecan, pie
Jessica Payne

Why does pecan pie always seem so daunting? It's really nothing more than nuts and corn syrup. This recipe gives tips and tricks to make it easy as pie. 

10. Chocolate Cream Pie

chocolate, cream, sweet, cake, pie, dairy product

If you're short on time, you can make this pie in under 30 minutes and let it cool in the freezer. Plus, chocolate is a universal crowd pleaser.

11. Lemon Meringue Pie

cream, sweet, dairy product, cake, milk, chocolate

Looking for something tart to balance out the sweetness? This lemon meringue pie claims it will bring tears to your eyes.

12. Cherry Berry Pie

tart, blueberry, pie, berry, blackberry, crust
Kristin Brennan

When I first read this pie title, I immediately thought of Cherie Berry, NC's Commissioner of Labor (aka "elevator lady"). Cherie Berry would definitely approve of this cherry berry pie.

13. Classic Pumpkin Pie

pie, chocolate, pumpkin, crust
Courtney Cheng

Okay, so you might be sick of this by now, but obviously I had to include classic pumpkin pie. This take on the treat substitutes coconut milk and honey for sweetened condensed milk to make a dairy-free alternative.

14. Cranberry Hand Pies

cookie, pastry, sweet, dough, cake, bread, dairy product, flour, candy
Rachel Wine

Buy too much cranberry sauce at the grocery store? It's okay, they were on sale. You can use this recipe so that it doesn't go to waste.

15. Mini Apple Pies 

sweet, pastry, cake, bread, pie, apple, cookie, apple pie
Angela Kerndl

These bite-sized apple pies are perfect for picnicking outdoors on a warm day. Even if you're stuck indoors, these mini pies are perfect for the indecisive eater.

16. Mini Fruit Pies

sweet, pastry, blueberry, chocolate, berry, cake, jam, pie
Angela Kerndl

Stuck with fridge full of leftover berries? Use this recipe to put them to good use and make handheld fruit pies you won't want to stop eating.

17. Mini Vegan Pumpkin Pies

chocolate, sweet, candy, cookie, cake, pastry, goody, cream, muffin
Meredith Davin

All right, so there's no butter (or crust) in these pumpkin pies, but they make the perfect sweet treat when you're looking for something light. Looking for a vegan pie crust? Check out this recipe.

18. No-Bake Cookie Butter Pie

Stuck in a dorm without an oven? Never fear, this recipe was made for the cookie butter addict in your life. 

19. Key Lime Pie

milk, cream, dairy product, sweet
Kaely Egan

In denial that winter is here? Get those summer vibes with this easy key lime pie.

20. Copycat Momofuku Crack Pie

chocolate, sweet, cake, candy, pastry, cream, goody, cookie, pie
Maxwell Faucher

Don't live in NYC or DC near a Momofuku location? Never fear, you can make this buttery, sugary pie all on your own

21. No-Bake Pumpkin Pie

cake, cream, sweet, meringue, chocolate, whipped cream, milk
Jayna Goldstein

Leave the canned pumpkin at the store and make this recipe, instead. With only 4 ingredients and no oven needed, you can make this pie pretty much anywhere.

Now that you have 21 pie recipes, go forth and eat. Grab your buttery, flaky crust and have a happy National Pastry Day!