The Crack Pie is a creation of Christina Tosi, the head chef and founder of the tremendously popular bakery, Momofuku Milk Bar. The original recipe calls for a homemade crust made with the Milk Bar’s oat cookies, but if you’re not feeling up for that I totally get you, I went ahead and prepared mine with a store-bought pre-made graham cracker crust. If you’ve got the time and want to make it the true way you can check out the official recipe at Milk Bar’s website. The recipes for almost all of Milk Bar’s creations are available on the website. Bro move, Tosi.

I took some more liberties with the original recipe and scaled it down so that it makes one pie instead of two. This dessert is unbelievable dense, and I wouldn’t feel safe having two in my apartment. It’s best served with a glass of milk and no regrets.

Momofuku Milk Bar Crack Pie

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:25 minutes
  • Total Time:35 minutes
  • Servings:8 slices

• 1 prepared graham cracker crust
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/8 cup milk powder
  • 1/2 tablespoon flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1/3 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 egg yolks
Photo by Max Faucher

Combine the dry ingredients (sugars, milk powder, flour and salt) in a large bowl.

GIF by Max

Add the butter and vanilla and mix until just combined.

GIF by Max Faucher

Add the cream and mix until just combined.

GIF by Max Faucher

Add the eggs and then mix until just combined.

GIF by Max Faucher

Pour the filling into the shell and then bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°F.

GIF by Max Faucher

Let cool COMPLETELY, and then dust with powdered sugar before serving.

Traditionally this pie is frozen and then thawed the next day, but I get it if you can’t wait.

GIF by Max Faucher