I'm a Northeast foodie. Definition: Dunkin' Donuts every morning, good seafood, bacon egg and cheese, New England clam chowder, New England lobster rolls, Vermont maple syrup, cider donuts, and so much more. We may not have In-N-Out, but we have just about everything else. It has been, to say the least, a change not having all of these things at my fingertips, but I'm adjusting... slowly.

If you're from the Northeast but decided to go to college in another area, please hear me out. Read this and smile at the great things waiting for you back home. Here are just some of my favorite things that I miss now that I'm in the great state of Ohio. 

New England Lobster Roll

shrimp, crab, lobster
Connor Howe

One of my favorite things ever is the combination of a hot dog bun, lobster, and some melted butter. The regular lobster roll just doesn't do it for me. I need hot and buttery, not cold with celery and mayo. It's New England-style or nothing. 

New York Bagels

toast, tomato, cheese, bread, sandwich
Emma Nosseir

Every Sunday, like clockwork, I wake up and need a bagel, no matter the circumstances. Heading to my favorite Jewish bagel shop has been a ritual for as long as I can remember. "Everything with tuna please," I tell the cashier. In my house, no Thanksgiving or Christmas is ever complete without lox and cream cheese on a toasted bagel for breakfast.

Dunkin' Donuts

sweet, sprinkles, candy, doughnut, cream, chocolate
Elena Bailoni

If you know me at all, you'd know I love Dunkin' more than anything else in the world. For four years of high school, I downed an extra large hot coffee with cream and sugar. Not only does American run on Dunkin', I run on Dunkin'. And not only does it have great coffee, but it also has great food. The muffins are so underrated and are hands down the best ones at any chain restaurant. 

Bacon, Egg, and Cheese

bun, cheese, bacon
Laura Bohannon

The true breakfast of a champion: protein, carbs, and sugar. It's sure to get anyone through the toughest morning. I don't know what it is about this combination, but kind of like peanut butter and jelly, bacon, eggs, and cheese work beautifully together.

Vermont Maple Syrup

whisky, soda, wine, alcohol, liquor, beer
Connor Howe

In the Northeast, we all know and love Vermont because of so many different things: the forests, the mountains, the skiing, and of course, the real maple syrup. Don't get me wrong. I'm as much of an Aunt Jemima syrup fan as the next guy, but nothing compares to that real maple taste fresh from the sugar house. You can't get that at an IHOP.

Cider Donuts

chocolate, cake, tea, coffee
Connor Howe

People completely disregard me when I talk about these little heaven wheels, AKA cider donuts. Every fall, I have one (meaning three) for breakfast whenever I can get my hands on them. I love the amazing donut selection Dunkin' offers year round, but I'm always gonna be partial to freshly fried and covered in cinnamon sugar donuts.

The Pizza 

pie, pepperoni, pizza
Connor Howe

Did you know that New England has the best pizza in the country, according to a recent poll by Daily Mail? Since we can't all hop on a private jet to Italy and grab a slice, we have to settle for our favorite parlor up in New England. Even just out of New England in New York City, you can find some of the best pizza in the world. 

Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream

ice, ice cream, coffee, chocolate
Connor Howe

A Vermont-based ice cream company, what could be better than that? Ben & Jerry's makes the best ice cream and comes up with flavors that never fail to put a smile on people's faces. If you think you love Ben & Jerry's, try the Vermonster (20 scoops!) and be the ultimate champion. Even though B&J's can be purchased at grocery stores across the country, it's not the same as stopping by the original location in Burlington, Vermont. 

Shake Shack in New York City

Lauren Murray

Again, we all know Shake Shack has expanded all over the country, with locations in Chicago, Hollywood, Las Vegas (in the New York-New York Hotel, of course), and many more. But let's not forget though that this burger joint began as a tiny AF stand, located in Madison Square Park in NYC.

I'm one of the most impatient people you will probably ever meet and you wouldn't believe the amount of time I have spent waiting in one of the longest lines for this treat. There's no greater satisfaction than this incredible burger and crinkle cut fries (melted cheese optional). One day for work, when I was feeling (to say the least) less than perfect, I had a huger burger for breakfast. Yes, they are open for breakfast.

Now I know after reading this you're all probably wondering: why is this kid in Ohio? Well, I ask myself the same question—daily. But honestly, at the end of the day, there is nowhere else I'd rather spend my four years of college. Go Bucks!