On Dec. 6, let's get creative for National Microwave Oven Day. For most college students, microwaves are one of the very few appliances allowed in dorms. That may seem like a challenge, but there are several ways to get created with your microwave.

You can do so much more than Easy Mac and popcorn. And, as college students, we don't have a lot of extra time, which can leave us in a not-so-healthy eating rut.  But now, you can make some homemade meals in your microwave.

1. Potato Chips

Alison Weissbrot

A healthy alternative to store-bought chips can be made in your microwave. These potato chips are super easy and quick, plus they are so yummy! The thinner they are sliced, the crispier. Also, try soaking them in warm water for at least 30 minutes before baking them to make them a little crispier.

2. Eggs

scrambled, corn, cheese
Sherry Xiao

That's right, you can have scrambled eggs in the morning. These eggs are so easy to make because of the few ingredients needed and the few minutes of cooking time. This recipe has scrambled eggs and poached eggs.

3. Lasagna

cheese, vegetable, parsley, dairy product, cream
Paige Marie Rodgers

This is the coolest thing I've seen in a while. This recipe takes less than 10 minutes, less than 10 ingredients, and it's a single serving. Lasagna is one of my favorite dishes but it takes so long to prepare and bake. I can't wait to try this on National Microwave Day.

4. French Toast

meat, vegetable, sauce, chicken
Kelda Baljon

You can make this French toast and the scrambled eggs in under 10 minutes. These are super easy to make and it's fun to make them in a mug. Another benefit to these is that you can make a single serving.

5. Donuts 

cookie, sweet, chocolate, cake, pastry, bread
Caitlin Shoemaker

National Microwave Oven Day falls on Dec. 6, which happens to be in the middle of finals week at Ohio University. Personally, I could always go for a donut during finals. These 5-Minute Pumpkin Spice Donuts You Can Make in the Microwave are perfect to whip up with your morning coffee.

6. Bacon

bacon
Rachel Dean

I cannot live without bacon. So if I were without a skillet, it's comforting to know I could still make this delicious, crispy breakfast essential in the microwave. In this article, there are many tips for cooking your bacon to your desire. 

7. Omelets

vegetable, cheese, tomato, salad
Clarisse Callahan

How did I miss that you could cook eggs in so many different ways in the microwave? These are perfect to customize your perfect breakfast omelet. This omelet is so easy to make and it's an easy way to get in your morning veggies.

8. Mug Recipes 

chocolate, sweet, cookie, meat, cake
Christine Chang

This article contains 15 recipes to make in a mug. (There are several types of cakes and even mac 'n cheese.) A chocolate chip cookie in a mug is perfect for the colder weather and Christmas movies that we're all binge-watching.

Celebrate National Microwave Oven Day with these quick, easy and dorm-friendly recipes. And don't forget to Instagram your final results, because you know you want to.