What is almost everyone's favorite breakfast staple? You probably guessed right, it's bacon. Nearly 18 lbs of bacon are consumed by Americans yearly. This is equivalent to the weight of a car tire.

But why do we crave this salty treat? Huffington Post says, “When bacon is heated, fats melt and sugar and amino acids have a very unique chemical reaction." Basically, there's a chemical in our head that appreciates it. This is bigger than just our taste buds.

Here's how to make this addicting breakfast staple in your microwave (so you can conveniently eat it for any meal). 

Microwave Bacon

• Prep Time:1 min
  • Cook Time:0
  • Total Time:1 min

• Bacon

Place 2 sheets of paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Add desired amount of bacon with space in the middle.

#Spoontip: If you are cooking two pieces make a equal sign. If cooking three make a triangle. If cooking four, make a square.

bacon
    Rachel Dean

Cover with two more pieces of paper towel. Then stick it in the microwave.

bacon
    Rachel Dean

Cook for one minute per slice of bacon. After that is done, cook in 30 second bursts until desired crispiness. (These tend to be drier bacon because the paper towels soak up the extra grease.)

#Spoontip: Changing paper towels after the first amount of time will help it cook faster.

bacon, chicken
    Rachel Dean

One of my favorite things to have for breakfast is bacon and eggs. Actually, I like bacon in just about anything – my salads, sandwiches, and soups. In college, it's hard getting the community oven to yourself, plus having to walk down three flights of stairs in the morning is just too much for me. Therefore, I have perfected cooking bacon in the microwave. So onward all my bacon lovers and lets rejoice with this quick and easy method to make this beautiful food.