Another summer has come and gone, and the fall semester is in full swing. As we get absorbed with lectures, exams, party-filled weekends, volunteering, working, and long days in the library, it can sometimes get to be too much

Take a moment to remember the bliss that was elementary school. Pencils that actually need to be sharpened, themed lunch boxes, kickball at recess, and your favorite snacks.

To escape the fun, yet stressful whirlwind that is college life, give in to nostalgia and make some of these snacks to take you back to your childhood. You'll feel like you're in second grade all over again.  

1. Smiley Fries

ketchup, vegetable
Arden Sarner

Your mom's key to getting you to clean your plate was to give you potatoes in the shape of smiles. Now, eat these and put a smile on your face. You're never too old for smiley fries. Try making your own and I guarantee you won't have trouble cleaning your plate. 

2. Dunkaroos 

cream, sweet, milk, dairy product, chocolate, candy, cake, pudding
Kristi Cook

If I had been allowed to have a Dunkaroo every day after school, I would have been fine with that. No, I would have been in heaven. Everyone loves these portable icing and graham cracker snack packs. Make a grown up version to take you back to your glory days when you could consume all the sugar that you wanted.

3. Fruit by the Foot

chocolate, candy, sweet, milk, coffee, cream
Robert Arrasate

Packing a Fruit by the Foot in your lunch made you instantly cool, especially if they had the tongue tattoos on them. These were a necessity in every brown paper bag lunch. For a refreshing study snack, get creative and make your own. Free of preservatives and sketchy ingredients, they are healthier than the packaged ones, consisting of just strawberries and as much sugar as you please. 

4. Rice Krispies Treats

chocolate, cream, goody, cake, candy, sweet, cookie, ice
Phoebe Melnick

I loved these as a kid, and I still love them now. Rice Krispies treats are the ultimate light, sugary snack. Try one of these 15 decadent Rice Krispies recipes and bring them to your next study group to lift everyone's spirits. 

5. Pop Tarts

sandwich, cream, cake, ice
Amanda Shulman

These sugary treats were a staple in my childhood. An easy, on-the-go breakfast, Pop Tarts don't deserve to just be a thing of the past. Homemade Pop Tarts are even better than the packaged ones. Make your own brown sugar cinnamon or strawberry Pop Tarts for your next breakfast when you're feeling down. 

6. Cup O' Dirt

chocolate
Alex Waxenbaum

There's nothing like this pudding, Oreo, and gummy worm combination to take you back to the good ol' days. There's a good chance you have these ingredients already, so putting together your cup o' dirt shouldn't be too difficult.

7. Cookie Crisp Cereal

sweet, nut
Dylan Barth

Cookie Crisp was the mother of all sugary cereals. When you need a break from adulthood, skip your bowl of healthy cereal for a day and indulge in cereal literally made out cookie dough. This version is even better than the stuff from the box.

8. Lucky Charms Cereal Bars

cake, ice, rice, sprinkles
Dylan Barth

Speaking of cereal, who else remembers those cereal bars made by General Mills that tasted like sugary heaven in a wrapper? If you're looking to have your cereal on the go or want to relive your sugary childhood past, make your own Lucky Charms cereal bars or substitute Lucky Charms for your favorite child cereal. 

9. Smucker's Uncrustables Ice Cream Sandwich

jam, cream, berry, strawberry, raspberry, sweet
Shalayne Pulia

I'll never forget the satisfaction of enjoying a Smucker's Uncrustables for lunch. It had the perfect ratio of peanut butter to jelly, lacked a crust, and took zero effort to eat. Take your beloved Uncrustables one step further and make an Uncrustables ice cream sandwich for a nostalgic dessert after a long day of classes and studying. 

#SpoonTip: Use the chocolate hazelnut Uncrustables for a chocolate version. 

10. Cosmic Brownies

chocolate, cake, candy, sweet, goody, cream, pastry
Paige Marie Rodgers

I saved the best for last: homemade Little Debbie's Cosmic Brownies.  These brownies are sure to bring anyone straight back to their childhood, so next time you need to bring dessert to an event, bring these homemade Cosmic Brownies to give everyone a major blast to the past. 

When reality gets to be too much, take a step back and relive your childhood with one of these snacks. Not only will they taste even better than they did years ago, they'll give you perspective and bring pleasant memories so that you can re-enter your college life feeling better than before.