Most of us hadn’t touched our favorite breakfast cereals, which was pure sugary heaven to our 8-year-old selves, since elementary school. Then college and caf food came around, bringing those cereals back as staples for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

After eating them again for the first time in nearly a decade, we are instantly transported back to the SpongeBob SquarePants and multiplication card days. How did we ever live without these addictive bowls of deliciousness for the past 10+ years?

Here are the 7 iconic cereals (in a completely biased order of deliciousness) that epitomize our childhood days and are making a comeback into our oh-so-nutritious college diets.

7. Apple Jacks

cereal

Photo by Courtney Hatfield

Every child who grew up in the 90’s can never forget the “Here I Come I am CinnaMon” man and his apple friend who always seemed to have a stick up his rear. Fun Fact- These apple and cinnamon-sugar flavored rings were originally invented by a broke college student just like ourselves.

Apple Jacks are many student’s go-to cereal for that much needed sugar rush to get through the dreaded 8 am’s.

6. Cap’n Crunch

cereal

Photo by Courtney Hatfield

Cap’n Crunch used to be old news, but it’s currently making a huge comeback in the college scene.

Taco Bell recently jumped on the Cap’n Crunch bandwagon and created Deep-Fried, Cream-Filled Cap’n Crunch Balls. These deep fried spheres of cereal goodness are soon to be the ultimate hangover food for college students everywhere.

5. Cinnamon Toast Crunch

cereal

Photo by Courtney Hatfield

Who could forget that catchy Cinnamon Toast Crunch slogan “The taste you can see”?

These sugary squares still taste like pure heaven; in a bowl of milk, by themselves, and even as an ice cream. How can ice cream combined with one of the best cereals of all time not be the most amazing things you’ve put in your mouth this week? Or click here for this killer apple pie bites recipe that will change your view on good old CTC forever.

4. Cocoa Puffs

cereal

Photo by Courtney Hatfield

It’s a known fact that college students are still “Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!” These chocolate balls of happiness are as delicious today as they were 10 years ago. But let’s be honest, the only reason you eat these sugary spheres is to watch your once boring white milk transform into a bowl of chocolaty goodness.

Or try them on top of these Oreo Nutella S’mores and your life=complete.

3. Frosted Flakes

cereal

Photo by Courtney Hatfield

We all know and love the charismatic Tony the Tiger that constantly bombarded our T.V. screens as children promoting his “Gr-r-reat” cereal that seemed to transform the average child into an athletic prodigy after eating one bowl. This sadly is false, but the cereal has still remained close to our hearts.

Just make sure to choose a table near the cereal bar at the caf, once you pour that milk, or Red Bull, (as suggested here by the genius team at Spoon Texas) there’s no going back. Sit down and stuff your face with that bowl of cereal right away or it’ll turn to a soggy mound of mush in about 8.5 seconds.

2. Lucky Charms

cereal

Photo by Courtney Hatfield

Ok, we can all agree the only good part of this cereal is the marshmallow charms. Once you fish out all those gems, you’re just left with a sad bowl of boring, flavorless cereal. If that little Lucky the Leprechaun ditched the cereal pieces and sold just a box of straight charms those things would be flying off the shelves. Let’s be honest, we’re only really in it for the marshmallows.

1. Reese’s Puffs

cereal

Photo by Courtney Hatfield

What do you get when you combine Reese’s Cups (the best candy on the face of the planet) with Cocoa Puffs? Reese’s Puffs, or, the most delicious ball shaped breakfast cereal you’ll ever have the pleasure of consuming. It’s pretty much just an excuse to eat your favorite candy for breakfast.

So pour yourself a bowl, or two, or five for breakfast next time you’re at the caf. Don’t worry, nobody will judge, they’ll be following your lead.

If you’re looking for some delicious recipes starring your favorite breakfast cereal, check out these articles: