As final exams approach, anxiety levels and all-day trips to the library increase. Students turn to sugary coffee or highly-caffeinated energy drinks in order to survive their all nighters. The high stress from your long hours of studying might even cause you to binge on a whole pizza as a reward for your hard work. But, it doesn't have to be this way! 

Here is a list of study snacks that are delicious, healthy, and easy to carry in your backpack so you can munch on them while you're hitting the books.

Apple Slices

dairy product, cheese, sweet, apple
Kristine Mahan

Apple slices are a sweet and healthy food option to bring with you when you study. Just cut an apple up (or buy it pre-sliced). Put the slices in a baggy and you're good to go! I also suggest bringing a packet of Justin's Almond Butter or Peanut Butter with you to add some protein and flavor.

Carrots & Celery

vegetable, carrot, celery, hummus
Marie Chantal Marauta

For the veggie lovers out there, carrots and celery are both great options. They are easy to cut up and put in baggies. Grocery stores even sell them cut up with sides of ranch or peanut butter, as well. As I mentioned before, Justin's is always a great choice, or Sabra has small packs of hummus that go great with either vegetable, too.

"Cuties"/Clementines

satsuma, orange, mandarin orange, sweet, juice, clementine, citrus, tangerine
Vanessa Amendola

The name doesn't lie! These portable, little oranges are a cute snack. Unlike normal-sized oranges, clementines are easily peel-able, making them an easy snack to bring and eat while you're at The Biz. Bonus: The Vitamin C in these tiny fruits will boost your immunity during this stressful week.

Dark Chocolate

milk, milk chocolate, sweet, candy, coffee, chocolate
Christin Urso

If you happen to be craving something sweet while you study, consider dark chocolate. Not only is it healthy, but it's delicious and there are so many product options to choose from. If you aren't feeling plain chocolate, dark chocolate almonds and dark chocolate peanut butter cups are more diverse options.

Granola Bars

chocolate, candy, pecan, nut, sweet
Emma Delaney

Granola bars are small and prepackaged, making them convenient when you're on the go. Although some aren't as healthy as they might seem, particular brands provide beneficial protein and nutrients. Larabars and Kind Bars are both nutritious options and they offer many different flavors. If you have some spare time this week, check out this homemade energy bar recipe.

Green Tea

hot chocolate, chocolate, cream, cappuccino, tea, milk, espresso, coffee
Julie Lau

As studying time grows longer, students look to coffee and energy drinks to keep them going. These drinks are usually high in sugar and overly high in caffeine.

#SpoonTip: Caffeine can be dangerous for your health during stressful times - especially if you're taking "smart pills."

A healthy alternative is tea. Green tea and black tea both contain a healthy dose of caffeine. Next time you're at Starbucks, go for the Jade Citrus Mint Green Tea or the Earl Grey Brewed Tea. If you prefer your tea cold, the Shaken Iced Green Tea is a great option, too!

Nuts

apricot pits, sweet, almond, nut
Courtney Lailey

Nuts are one of the healthiest snack options, as they provide a great source of protein and energy. Almonds, peanuts, cashews, and walnuts are all healthful options. You could even try mixing them all together with some dried fruit or dark chocolate for a homemade trail mix.

#SpoonTip: If you are looking for the healthiest option, make sure to buy your nuts unsalted.

Popcorn

kettle corn, butter, cereal, caramel, salt, corn, popcorn
Sara Carte

Rather than eating a bag of chips, air popped popcorn is a healthy alternative if you are craving something salty. Brands such as Skinny Pop and Boom Chicka Pop also sell small, one serving-sized bags that make the snack easily portable if you don't have plastic baggies.

Now that you've aced these healthy study snacks, go ace your finals!