Turning to Adderall or other drugs to boost your energy isn't always the best option. Although there are some people who need Adderall for their mental and physical health, it is often abused by others for a quick fix to their low energy, especially in college. Be mindful and try out these natural energy-boosting tips instead of falling into a habit you most likely don't need to have—medically speaking.

1. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate 

Sometimes when you're feeling sluggish or tired, you're actually dehydrated. Try drinking more water throughout the day to boost your energy. Adding lemon to your water aids in digestion and helps your body to create energy. Check out how it feels to drink the recommended amount of water for one week. 

2. Snack on Blueberries or Almonds

Blueberries help to maintain brain function and improve your memory. They're a perfect snack or topping for your smoothie bowls or yogurts. Almonds are also an energy boosting snack. They also help to support healthy brain function and can fill you up to prevent overeating. Check out these foods that give you more energy than your daily coffee. 

3. Add Leafy Greens

Leafy greens are full of vitamins and energy boosting elements. Try tossing a handful of spinach or kale into your morning smoothie. If you don't want your smoothie or bowl looking like mud, be conscious about the color combinations you're mixing together. Banana, mango, pineapple, and other light colored fruits keep your smoothies looking bright green.

4. Exercise

Hear me out on this one. A little light exercise can go a long way. Exercising in the morning can jump start your day. Accomplishing something first thing in the morning gives you an boost to keep up the pace and conquer your work day as well. Go for a light run, do some yoga, or attend an exercise class to relax your mind and get your brain ready to tackle the day. Do something active in the morning to fuel your day.

5. Coffee 

Although coffee doesn't have the same health benefits as most items listed above, coffee is always something I turn to in the morning to get my day started. It boosts my mood and gets me ready to conquer my day.

Whether you change your diet a bit or get your body moving, there are many alternatives for a natural boost when it comes to energy. If you have a long night of studying, plan ahead throughout the day and try to incorporate some of these foods into your daily diet. Making positive changes to your diet can give your body the boost it needs.