Goblins, ghouls and pink ribbons? That's right; October isn't just for Halloween costumes and sweet treats. It's also Breast Cancer Awareness month. Show your support by purchasing a few items from companies that promise to spread awareness. 

Chiquita Bananas

Katrina Lee

B-A-N-A-N-A-S! Get your daily potassium intake while also doing good for the community. This is the third year Chiquita bananas is supporting breast cancer prevention with its pink sticker campaign. Its usual blue sticker received a makeover to showcase a pink ribbon, the international symbol of breast cancer awareness. Chiquita is especially dedicated to the breast cancer awareness cause because its ambassador --- Miss Chiquita --- is a woman. This year, Chiquita has partnered with the American Cancer Society. Chiquita will make donations and is in the process of developing a program to promote a healthy diet.

Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice

Katrina Lee

Ocean Spray Cranberry is promoting breast cancer awareness with its line of pink cranberry juice. The brand redid its design to have a dark, pink cap and a bright, pink label. Aesthetically pleasing and healthy, pick up a bottle of this juice when you are having digestive problems or for a different, fruity flavor. Spreading the message is particularly important for Ocean Spray because CEO Bobby Chacko’s wife suffered from breast cancer, and several of the brand’s family farmers are survivors of breast and ovarian cancer.  On top of a digital campaign, it gives $150,000 every year to Bright Pink, a non-profit focused on early detection and prevention of breast cancer in young women. 

Red n' Tasty Tomatoes

Katrina Lee

Enjoy nice, plump and juicy tomatoes in your salad for lunch or use them to make a creamy, red sauce on top of your pasta for dinner -- as long as the package has a big pink ribbon on the front. Tomato Thyme Corp., the owner of Red n' Tasty tomatoes, will donate a portion of the proceeds from every bag sold to the Shula Fund for Breast Cancer Research. The corporation has been doing this the entire month of October! The Shula Fund solely supports the Moffitt Cancer Center which aims to improve cancer patient outcomes. Red n' Tasty premium vine-ripened tomatoes are exclusively available at Publix stores.

Sparkling Ice Drink

Katrina Lee

Aaaah, nothing hits the spot like a refreshing beverage that gives back. Talking Rain Beverage Co., the company that owns Sparkling Ice, has supported breast cancer awareness initiatives for over 22 years. Its worked with the American Cancer Society and Susan G. Komen’s Race for the Cure. This year it has teamed up with UW Medicine to support the search for a breast cancer vaccine at UW Medicine’s Cancer Vaccine Institute. Talking Rain gave $50,000 to the UW Medicine Cancer Vaccine Institute in mid-October. In an effort to continue to spread awareness, Sparkling Ice’s kiwi strawberry flavor displays a pink ribbon for the whole year. 

Boar's Head Hummus

Katrina Lee

In 14 different flavors, Boar's Head provides a variety of hummus options for the average person to purchase and support breast cancer awareness. The brand Boar's Head has supported breast cancer research and prevention for many years. Last year, the company raised over $10,000 for breast cancer research with its digital campaign. This year, the brand has gone full pink with a change in its design to reflect its support of breast cancer awareness. The rim of the hummus container is a soft pink and the cover is showered with a small pink ribbon pattern for the month of October.

Katrina Lee

The next time you go grocery shopping, think about picking up these items or any others to show your pink ribbon pride.