Vacationing in Boston? Living in Boston? Either way, one of the best things about this city is the food. From $2 Silician pizza slices to Brazilian açai bowls, you’ll find that you’re never out of things to eat.

But even better than regular food is dessert. We might be biased, but we think Boston does it better than the rest of the country.

Beg to differ? Guess you’ll just have to try these all first before you can argue.

1. Chocolate Chunk Cookie at Blunch

desserts

Photo by Nancy Chen

If you want the best chocolate chip cookie of your life, head here. You’ll get a satisfyingly large, perfectly chewy cookie with ample chocolate chunks, which are way better than chocolate chips. After all, the chocolate chip cookie was invented in Massachusetts, so it only makes sense that this Boston classic tops the list.

#SpoonTip: Blunch has very limited seating, so we recommend going at off hours or taking your cookie to go.

2. Churros con Chocolate at Toro

desserts

Photo by Nancy Chen

There’s no better way to end off a tapas dinner at James Beard award-winning chef Jamie Bissonette‘s restaurant than with the classic Spanish churros con chocolate.

3. Bear Claw Crêpe at The Paris Creperie

desserts

Photo by Renzo De Jesus

While all the crêpes at this bustling crêpe shop are fantastic, their dessert crêpes are the most unique. You could go with the classic Nutella and banana, but we recommend the bear claw crêpe, which is a twist on the classic bear claw. It can also be made into a cannoli crêpe, as listed on their secret menu.

#SpoonTip: They have buckwheat crêpes for those of you who are gluten free.

4. Bacon-topped Donut at Union Square Doughnuts or Blackbird Donuts

desserts

Photo by Annie Lin

If you’re in Cambridge, the North End, or any farmers’ market where Union Square is around, their maple bacon donuts are a Boston staple.

#SpoonTip: If you want a true coffee and donut experience without making the trek to Somerville, head over to the Boston Public Market, where Union Square has a stall, and grab a George Howell coffee from the stall nearby.

desserts

Photo by Kristen Calstrom

If you’re in the South End, we recommend Blackbird Donuts. They do a twist on maple bacon donuts by offering coffee bacon donuts instead. Because you can never have enough coffee.

#SpoonTip: Blackbird rotates their flavors, while Union Square always has maple bacon, so make sure to check out the list of current flavors on Blackbird’s website.

5. Gelato at Amorino

desserts

Photo by Nancy Chen

Though Amorino isn’t only available in Boston, it’s definitely a must-try. They focus on high quality ingredients without artificial coloring, and their gelato is the most authentic one you’ll find in Boston. Trust me — I ate gelato every single day I was in Italy.

#SpoonTip: You can put as favors as you want onto a rose, so if you feel like trying out every single flavor, you totally can. Also because #doitfortheinsta.

6. Nut Boxes at Tatte Bakery and Café

desserts

Photo by Nancy Chen

Tatte’s nut boxes have made BuzzFeed’s list of “25 Bakeries in the World You Have to See Before You Die,” and for good reason. They are, without doubt, one of the most beautiful desserts we’ve seen.

7. Vegan Ice Cream at FoMu

desserts

Photo by Nirupa Rao

With flavors like sweet lavender, avocado, and maple bourbon, FoMu provides a unique experience with every spoonful. You won’t even know this ice cream is vegan because it’s so rich and creamy, thanks to the allergen-friendly coconut milk they use.

#SpoonTip: You can get two different scoop flavors on a mini, which is great if you’re not that hungry but still want to try more than one flavor.

8. Liege Waffle from Zinneken’s Waffles

desserts

Photo by Nirupa Rao

This is the closest you’ll get to a real liege waffle from Belgium. If you haven’t had a liege waffle before, it’s 100x better than a normal waffle — it’s made with a dough full of sugar crystals, which caramelize when cooked.

#SpoonTip: They have an actual brick and mortar location in Cambridge, but they also have a food truck. So if you see it around, definitely chase it down.

9. Cannoli from Mike’s Pastry

desserts

Photo courtesy of @spoon_northeastern on Instagram

No tourist leaves Boston without trying a Mike’s cannoli. Although there’s an endless debate between whether Mike’s or Modern is better, the truth is that both are delicious. If you’re looking for the true Boston experience, though, we recommend that you go to Mike’s.

#SpoonTip: Although there is a location in Cambridge, take the time to head to the Mike’s in the North End. Go early, because the line can get ridiculous.

10. The Stoner’s Delight at The Gallows

desserts

Photo courtesy of @thegallowsboston on Instagram

The Gallows is well-known for their creative poutines, Scotch eggs, and classic burgers, but their fluffernutter brûlée is more of a secret. It’s the only dessert they offer on the menu, but you won’t want any other dessert once you hear what’s in it.

#SpoonTip: This is gluten free and vegan! But you wouldn’t even know. Holla.

11. Peppermint Ice Cream Pie at Atlantic Fish Company

desserts

Photo courtesy of @theonlyslp on Instagram

If you like mint chocolate chip anything, then you’ll love this peppermint pie. It’s a giant slab of pie composed of creamy peppermint ice cream, a crunchy Oreo crust, and dark chocolate ganache.

#SpoonTip: We recommend sharing this with someone, because it’s absolutely massive. But more power to you if you tackle this on your own (and no shame, because I did).

12. Crispy Chocolate Bread Pudding from Aquitaine

desserts

Photo by Nancy Chen

Aquitaine is a beautiful, classy, and transports you to an intimate yet relaxed bistro in France. While their food is phenomenal, their crispy chocolate bread pudding is the unforgettable star of the meal: it’s gooey chocolate bread pudding with a crunchy crust, topped with vanilla ice cream and salted caramel. Although it’s big enough to share, you won’t want to.

13. Hot Chocolate at Thinking Cup

desserts

Photo by Alex Kaneshiro

Did you think this iconic Boston coffee shop was only good for coffee? Well, think again. Here, you can get rich hot chocolate with latte art and none of the guilt that comes with drinking a similar hot chocolate at Max Brenner. Fun fact: this made the “best hot chocolates in Boston” list.

#SpoonTip: Thinking Cup has two locations, one on Newbury St. and one in the North End. We recommend the North End location for a more authentic feel. Get there right when it opens on a weekend morning if you want a seat, though — it gets packed.

14. Nutella Frozen Hot Chocolate at The Paris Creperie

desserts

Photo by Renzo De Jesus

Alert to Nutella, chocolate, and ice cream lovers: The Paris Creperie’s Nutella frozen hot chocolate will be your new favorite summertime treat. It’s everything good about hot chocolate converted into a milkshake-like concoction.

15. Baked Alaska at Oleana

desserts

Photo courtesy of @myfoodthoughts / Brian Samuels on Instagram

Oleana is dubbed one of the best Middle Eastern restaurants in Boston. It’s more upscale than their sister bakery, Sofra, but the desserts are just as good. While there is a solid list of Turkish-inspired desserts, the baked Alaska with coconut ice cream and passion fruit caramel is the most famous.

16. Chocolate Bar at Cafe Fleuri

desserts

Photo courtesy of @langhamboston on Instagram

This is should more accurately be dubbed as a chocolate buffet. You will undoubtedly have a Charlie in the Chocolate Factory experience here.

17. Frozen Yogurt from Berryline

desserts

Photo by Anna Artega

If you’re craving fro-yo, skip Pinkberry and go to Berryline instead. They have over 150 flavors, including watermelon, chocolate malt, and green tea. In-house chefs make most of the toppings, and all of their yogurt is made with high quality milk and minimal additives.

#SpoonTip: Since flavors vary by location (there’s a Harvard location and a Porter location), check to make sure you’re going to one that has the flavor you want. 

18. Cube Toast from Double Chin

desserts

Photo courtesy of Allan Wong

Carb-lovers will be in heaven with this dessert. Each “toast” is a giant plate of ice cream-topped bread, with varied other toppings depending on what you choose.

19. Butterscotch Pudding from Moonshine 152

desserts

Photo by Nirupa Rao

Though Moonshine 152 is known for their “Ron Swanson brunch special,” the desserts cannot be overlooked. This butterscotch pudding is elevated with chantilly crème and toasted amaranth crumble.

#SpoonTip: You can get dessert until 1:30 am, so the next time you’re craving an after-dinner sweet, head over here.

20. Freak Frappe from Boston Burger Company

desserts

Photo courtesy of @eatinggirl on Instagram

Boston Burger Cois known for their crazy burger combos, but they have insane frappe combos as well. Dubbed as “freak frappes,” they’re literally #foodporn at its best.

#SpoonTip: Check out the #freakfrappe hashtag on Insta to see what other people have gotten.

21. Ice Cream Sandwich at Frozen Hoagies

desserts

Photo by Nancy Chen

Ice cream sandwiches that could practically be a meal? Count us in. With vegan and gluten free options, Frozen Hoagies is an ice cream truck that you should be running after this summer (and all the time to be honest).

22. Earthquake Cookies at Sofra Bakery

desserts

Photo by Nancy Chen

The word “moist” should never be used unless you’re describing this cookie. It’s dense, chocolate-y, chewy, and perfectly moist.

#SpoonTip: If you can’t make it out to Cambridge, pick up a pack at Siena Farms at the Boston Public Market.

23. Stone Ground Chocolate at Taza Chocolate

desserts

Photo courtesy of Jazz Guy on flickr.com

You’ll never go back to eating any other chocolate after trying out Taza’s stone ground chocolate. All of their chocolate is made locally at their factory in Somerville and is free of any artificial ingredients. Taza is also a pioneer in ethical cacao sourcing — they pay above the Fair Trade price for cacao and maintain direct relationships with their cacao farmers.

#SpoonTip: You can find Taza at Whole Foods, the Boston Public Market, Boston farmers’ markets, or your local Boston co-op.

24. Seasonal Ice Cream at J.P. Licks

desserts

Photo by Nicole Lacasse

There’s no shortage of ice cream shops in Boston, but J.P. Licks is a well-known favorite. They take your classic flavors and make them unique, like making a cookies ‘n cream ice cream with milk chocolate ice cream and vanilla cookies mixed in instead of vanilla ice cream and chocolate cookies. But for the best experience, try out one of their seasonal flavors — they’re even more unique.

#SpoonTip: Their dairy free ice creams are made from a variety of milks, from soy, to coconut, to hemp, so you’ll have no problem finding one that suits your needs.

25. Halva Chocolate Pie from Tatte Bakery and Café

desserts

Photo by Phoebe Melnick

Yes, Tatte’s nut boxes are amazing, Insta-worthy, and a definite Boston must-try, but don’t leave without trying their Halva bomb. Composed of a layers of halva, airy chocolate mousse, and dark chocolate ganache, it is luxurious and melts wonderfully in your mouth.

26. Pie from Petsi Pies

desserts

Photo courtesy of cityrover.com

Need a slab of blueberry or strawberry rhubarb pie for summer? Sweet potato for fall? Chicken pot pie for winter? Whatever pie you’re feeling, it’s likely that Petsi Pies, a local Cambridge bakery, will have it. So sit down, order a coffee, and enjoy a slice of pie.

#SpoonTip: Their scones are supposed to be almost as good as their pies.

27. Any dessert you can afford from Top of the Hub

desserts

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

There’s a reason why people go to the Top of the Hub just for dessert — it’s almost laughably pricey. So if you want the glamorous experience with a minimal dent to your wallet, skip the meal and try out their various desserts, from the freshly baked cookie platter to the crème brûlée.