On a budget? Don’t worry — we’ve got you covered.

In a city like Boston, it can seem difficult to find a good meal at a reasonable price, but with this list you’ll be able to navigate Boston’s best affordable meals like a true Bostonian.

Disclaimer: Restaurants listed in no particular order.

1. Thornton’s Restaurant & Café

Boston

Photo courtesy of @munaeats on Instagram

Best known for their brunch menu, Thornton’s is a neighbourhood favourite with lines out the door every weekend. Try their eggs benedict for $7.95 or design your own omelette for $8.45.

2. Winsor Dim Sum

Boston

Photo courtesy of Amy X. on Yelp

Chinatown is the place to go when you’re craving dim sum. From shrimp dumplings to sticky rice to egg tarts, every plate of dim sum is only $3.15.

3. Anna’s Taqueria

Boston

Photo courtesy of Anna’s Taqueria

Popular among students, Anna’s serves burritos for $5.95. Alternatively, get it in a bowl for $7.15. The tacos pictured above are $3.35 for one.

4. Penang

Boston

Photo courtesy of @kimchee828 on Instagram

If you’ve never tried Malaysian cuisine, you’ve gotta go to Penang. The restaurant, named after a state in Malaysia, recreates authentic dishes such as nasi lemak for $7.95, nasi goreng for $9.50, and roti canai for $4.50.

5. Teriyaki House

Boston

Photo by Annie Lin

Great for take-out or sit down, this place will definitely satisfy your teriyaki cravings day or night. It’s perfect for late night, since it’s open until midnight Sunday through Friday and until 2 am on Friday and Saturday. With its generous portions, their teriyaki chicken bowl with rice and vegetables is a bargain at $6.75.

6. Pho and I

Boston

Photo courtesy of @celia___jung on Instagram

With delicious pho dac biet for $8.95 and pad thai for $9.50, it’s no wonder Pho and I regularly attracts students from Northeastern University. The restaurant is conveniently located near Northeastern’s campus on Huntington Ave.

7. Galleria Umberto

Boston

Photo courtesy of @mattvekakis on Instagram

You knew pizza was going to be on this list. Galleria Umberto makes Sicilian-style pizza for $1.55 a slice — $10 will get you six slices. I mean, just look at this photo.

8. Ichiban Yakitori

Boston

Photo by Annie Lin

If you’re looking for Japanese and Korean dishes, look no further. You can find kimchi fried rice for $8.95 and their signature sushi rolls as low as $8.

9. Ginger Exchange

Boston

Photo courtesy of @emykoh on Instagram

We recommend you go to this restaurant for lunch when the same dishes they offer for dinner are cheaper. Try the Thai red curry with chicken for $8.98 or the hot stone bibimbap with beef for $9.95.

10. El Pelon Taqueria

Boston

Photo courtesy of @spoon_northeastern on Instagram

Whether it’s burritos, quesadillas, enchiladas, or tacos, they’ve got it all. The best part? Everything on their menu is under $8.

11. The Friendly Toast

Boston

Photo courtesy of Haley Abram

If the name of this restaurant isn’t enough to draw you in, maybe their all-day breakfast will. Their decadent Belgian waffle topped with caramelized bananas and crushed pecans is $10, and if you want something simple, you can get two pancakes for $8. Don’t underestimate the hearty portions because it’s bound to fill you up.

12. Wagamama

Boston

Photo courtesy of @wagamama_usa on Instagram

The popular British restaurant chain has brought their Japanese-inspired menu to Boston. The food is on the pricier side of our budget, but we recommend trying the chicken and shrimp donburi for $9.75.

13. Thinking Cup

Boston

Photo by Annie Lin

You may know this café for their coffee and pastries, but have you tried their sandwiches? Their gourmet sandwiches range between $7.95 to $8.95 — perfect for a quick lunch.

14. Myers and Chang

Boston

Photo courtesy of @eastcoastfeastcoast on Instagram

What do you get at a restaurant that serves a fusion of Chinese, Taiwanese, Thai, and Vietnamese dishes? We hear their pork belly buns have been highly raved about. Try two pork buns at $9 and tell us what you think!

15. Boston Shawarma

Boston

Photo courtesy of @pastability on Instagram

Another popular place among Northeastern students, this Middle Eastern restaurant serves shawarma sandwiches for $7.50 and vegetarian sandwiches for $7.

16. Banh Mi House

Boston

Photo courtesy of @andrewjsan on Instagram

This hidden gem in downtown Boston requires some searching for, but once you’ve found it you’ll be going back for more. Try their classic banh mi for just $5.50.

17. Clover

Boston

Photo by Annie Lin

The brainchild of an MIT and Harvard graduate, this healthy fast food chain calls itself a food lab. Operating in food trucks and in restaurants, their constantly evolving menu consists of sandwiches for $7.47 and platters for $8.41. Everything is made from locally sourced ingredients that are freshly prepared upon order.

18. Saus Boston

Boston

Photo courtesy of @astroneca on Instagram

Founded by two Boston University graduates, this restaurant brings Belgian-style street food to the streets of Boston. Try their rolls for $8.95 and experiment with flavors with their fifteen different sauces.

19. Shake Shack

Boston

Photo courtesy of @shakeshackme on Instagram

A rival of In-N-Out, this East Coast burger chain can be found on Newbury Street. Their classic ShackBurger is $5.29 for a single and $8.09 for a double. Alternatively, try their vegetarian ‘Shroom Burger for $6.99.

20. Boston Indian Kitchen

Boston

Photo courtesy of @bostonindiankitchen on Instagram

This restaurant offers a range of Indian dishes guaranteed to deliver a powerful flavor kick. Try their naan sandwiches for $7, their tandoori chicken with naan for $7.50, or their curry bowls for $8.

21. Boston Chowda Co.

Boston

Photo courtesy of @bananamichii on Instagram

Chowder is a New England classic made with clams, hand-cut potatoes, and fresh cream — ideal for the chilly Boston weather. Try their award winning chowder in a bread bowl for $8.49.

22. Chicken and Rice Guys

Boston

Photo courtesy of @cnrguys on Instagram

You guessed it, they serve chicken and rice. Simple but delicious, try their small plates for $5 or regular for $7. Drop by their restaurant on Bedford St. or you’ll have to catch them on-the-go on their food trucks.