Veganism is typically talked about as being extreme, unhealthy, and tasteless. All which are very false, especially the latter. As a food lover and vegan, I have found that these two are not mutually exclusive. I don’t have to compromise the abundance of delicious foods in order to live a cruelty-free lifestyle. I’m not trying to convince you to be vegan; I’m just saying that every once in a while, even meat eaters should indulge in the power of plant-based goodness.

So here are the top seventeen easy and delicious vegan takes on your typical brunch foods — I dare you not to drool.

1. Classic Banana “Nice Cream”

Vegan

Photo by Maria Gabriela Jorge

Who doesn’t want to start their day off with dessert? Check out this article for vegan toppings to step up your nice cream game, or check out this article on how to make the perfect smoothie bowl if you prefer something other than banana ice cream but want something just as thick and creamy.

2. Fruit-Based Parfait

Vegan

Photo courtesy of @annietarasova on Instagram

Not only is this tasty and cruelty free, but it is also a healthier alternative to the typical parfait. Use “nice cream to make it healthier and alter the flavour to your liking, or you can also use any dairy free ice cream (thank you Ben and Jerry).

3. Muesli

Vegan

Muesli is the queen of cereals. Try this overnight muesli recipe if you want to wake up and have brunch right away.

4. Pancakes with Fresh Fruit

Vegan

Photo by Kristine Mahan

Try this recipe for vegan and gluten free banana pancakes next time you want pancakes and want to switch it up.

5. Waffles

Vegan

Photo by Danielle Cahoon

There are two kinds of people in this world: waffle eaters and pancake eaters. But let’s be honest — when food looks this good we’ll take both. Get inspired by this article on how to master the vegan waffles.

6. French Toast

Vegan

Photo by Hannah Morse

Vegan french toast? Yeah, it’s a thing and it is delicious. Instead of soaking the bread in eggs and milk, soak it in almond milk (or any milk alternative of your choice) and chia seeds.

7. Toast with Awesome Toppings

Vegan

Photo courtesy of @tessbegg on Instagram

We all love the classic avo toast, but for a twist, add any vegan toppings you want, like chickpeas.

8. Sweet Potato Breakfast Sandwich

Vegan

Photo courtesy of @vegan_mary on Instagram

It’s a sad world when you think all there is in a perfect breakfast sandwich is eggs and bacon. Going vegan has only expanded my appreciation for food. I recommend switching out the typical bacon and eggs part of the sandwich for roasted sweet potato.

9. Breakfast Bagel

Vegan

Photo by Maria Gabriela Jorge

Breakfast bagels are my go-to brunch food. Worry not, the vegan version isn’t lacking in anything… especially taste and protein. It’s got everything and more that you could ask for: veggie tofu spread (which tastes just like real cream cheese), pickled veggies, spinach, and tempeh sausage. The options are endless.

10. Tofu Benedict

Vegan

Photo courtesy of @veganbygrace on Instagram

Who knew this was a thing? Shout out to vegans for figuring out how to replace eggs so perfectly.

11. Tofu Scramble

Vegan

Photo courtesy of @hotforfood on Instagram

This might sound a little weird, but as a tofu disliker, trust me when I say that tofu scramble is surprisingly delicious. Give it a shot. I mean after all, you’ve probably eaten eggs which are practically chicken periods… just think about it.

12. Cozy Oatmeal

Vegan

Photo by Becky Hughes

Oatmeal is the perfect brunch for cozying up in bed, especially during these cold winter afternoons. This microwave chia and flaxseed recipe is packed with superfoods and is perfect for when you’re in a rush.

13. French Breakfast

Vegan

Photo courtesy of @parisbyvegan on Instagram

Even the French can be vegan. Just make your own juice, add some vegan pastries, and you’re set.

14. Scones

Vegan

What a dream it would be to have these beautifully baked scones for breakfast in bed. There are endless vegan takes on how to make the perfect scone, so take a look around and try what suits you best.

15. Banana Bread

Vegan

Photo by Becky Hughes

Yes, please. Now. Thankfully, we are now one step closer to warm brunch bread with this vegan chocolate chip banana bread recipe.

16. Donuts

Vegan

Photo courtesy of @thefairviewsatx on Instagram

My love and constant craving for donuts have not been left unfulfilled since turning vegan. Yes, vegans can eat donuts. For example, this microwave donut recipe only takes five minutes — perfect for breakfast.

17. Fresh Fruit

Vegan

Photo courtesy of @bonnyrebecca on Instagram

For when you’re trying to be healthy or when it’s hot outside, start the day with a colorful plate full of fresh fruits. Sometimes all your body needs is natural sugar.