The wait is almost over - the 2017 Boston Calling music festival is this weekend, May 26-28th! Festival go-ers are gearing up to welcome some of their favorite artists (Mumford & Sons, Chance the Rapper, The 1975, Bon Iver and Weezer, to name a few) to the new and exciting location at the Harvard Athletic Complex.

We here at Spoon are also preparing for another type of lineup - the food and drink kind. This year, Boston Calling has outdone themselves with an impressive list of offerings to keep you partying all weekend long. We set out in Boston to try a few so that you can plan your meals as well as your sets. We present to you a sneak peek at the 2017 Boston Calling food lineup - you won't want to miss this!

Riceburg

pizza, cake
Fiona Galey

Who They Are

Riceburg is a Boston food truck that offers what their name suggests: rice burgers. They claim to put "a savory twist on an American classic." Essentially, they offer an array of different delicious fillings nestled in a rice bun (gluten free!) instead of a traditional one. They work to cater to everyone, and offer all sorts of fillings from Bulgogi Beef to Vegetarian "Chicken". Their innovative approach to burgers make them a definite stop to check off your list at the festival!

Festival Offerings

Rice burgers, rice bowls, and salad bowls with the choice of filling:

- Spicy Sweet and Sour Crispy Chicken

- Bulgogi Shaved Steak

- Spicy Sweet and Sour Vegetarian Chicken

- Shiitake Mushroom

The Highlights

Spicy Sweet and Sour Crispy Chicken Rice Burger

cheese, bacon
Fiona Galey

Bulgogi Shaved Steak Rice Burger

carrot, sandwich
Fiona Galey

Salad Bowl with Spicy Sweet and Sour Vegetarian Chicken

spinach, lettuce, salad
Fiona Galey

For Post-Festival Cravings

Find the Riceburg truck at these various locations!

Roxy's Grilled Cheese

bacon, cheese, sandwich
Fiona Galey
Who They Are

Roxy’s Grilled Cheese originally began as a single food truck attempting to create inventive, delicious and affordable grilled cheese sandwiches with the absolute best ingredients. The first food truck launched in 2011 and received so much success that it has led to 4 brick and mortar locations, plenty of fans and both local and national recognition for its great food and ingredients.

Festival Offerings

- Hot Honey Bacon Grilled Cheese

- Green Muenster Grilled Cheese

- Classic Grilled Cheese with Roasted Tomato

- Grillos Pickles

- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

The Highlights

Hot Honey Bacon Grilled Cheese - Vermont cheddar, muenster, fontina, North Country bacon, Mike's Hot Honey

sandwich, cheese, chocolate
Fiona Galey

Green Muenster Grilled Cheese - muenster, North Country bacon, house-made guacamole

cheese, avocado, sandwich
Fiona Galey

Classic Grilled Cheese with Roasted Tomato pick your cheese: Vermont cheddar, muenster, fontina, swiss or house-made pimento cheese, with roasted tomato

cheese, sandwich
Fiona Galey

For Post-Festival Cravings

Brick & Mortar Locations: 

- Roxy’s Allston: 485 Cambridge St Allston, MA

- Roxy’s (IDB Boston): 21 Drydock Ave Boston, MA

- Roxy’s (MarketStreet): 1205 Market St Lynnfield, MA 

- Roxy’s Central/A4CADE: 292 Massachusetts Ave Cambridge, MA

Follow their food truck schedule here!

FoMu

cookie, ice cream, chocolate, ice
Fiona Galey
Who They Are

FoMu is an entirely plant-based, “Earth inspired dessert” ice creamery, bakery and cafe. Their ice cream is made from scratch with carefully sourced and local ingredients. The base of their ice cream is coconut milk, which is then sweetened with organic agave and unrefined cane sugar and combined with house-made, top-quality ingredients to create both traditional and unique ice cream flavors. Every scoop of FoMu ice cream is hand made and hand packed, and it will blow your socks off. Trust me, this stuff isn’t just good for a “dairy-free” alternative, it’s easily some of the best dessert in Boston - make sure to find them at the festival and afterwards!

Festival Offerings

- Ice Cream Scoops

- Ice Cream Sandwiches

- Baked Goodies

The Highlights

Ice Cream Sandwich - shown here: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie ice cream between two chocolate chip cookies; customize it your way with different flavors!

cheese, bacon, sandwich
Fiona Galey

For Post-Festival Cravings

- Allston: 481 Cambridge St. Allston, MA

- Jamaica Plain: 617 Centre St. Jamaica Plain, MA

- South End: 655 Tremont St. Boston, MA

- POP-UPS: 177 Newbury St. Boston, MA

Love Art Sushi

beer, coffee
Kaely Gallagher
Who They Are

Love Art Sushi is the new kid on the block becoming very popular among Boston college students for its bottomless bubble tea, customizable sushi bowls and makirittos (their version of the sushi burrito), late night discount menu and serene study space complete with free wifi. Motivated and inventive owner Ronald Liu shared with us his goal of engaging the Boston community through fresh and artistic food creations. Big things are coming soon from this little shop off of Mass Ave, so if you can't check them out as part of your Boston Calling food lineup (their offerings are unfortunately only for VIP ticket holders), pay them a visit for your next sushi craving.

Festival Offerings

- Shoyu Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl

- Spicy Crawfish Sushi Bowl

- Avocado Ponzu Boat

The Highlights

Shoyu Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl Hawaiian marinated yellowfin in soy, sesame, chili, garlic and nori with scallions over seasoned sushi rice

soup, sauce, tomato, pepper, chili, onion, vegetable
Fiona Galey

Spicy Crawfish Sushi Bowl - tender crawfish tossed in sriracha wasabi aioli and topped with panko over seasoned sushi rice

sauce, chicken, pasta, bacon
Kaely Gallagher

Avocado Ponzu Boat - half an avocado surrounded by microgreens filled with citrus ponzu topped with furikake over seasoned sushi rice; a creamy vegan and vegetarian option that pairs perfectly with the Spicy Crawfish Bowl

avocado
Kaely Gallagher

For Post-Festival Cravings

- Fenway: 1 Haviland St. Boston, MA 

- UConn, Storrs Center: 1 Royce Cir. Ste 105 Storrs, CT

The Shuck Food Truck

coffee, tea, beer
Kaely Gallagher
Who They Are

The Shuck Food Truck serves up fresh, local New England seafood in creative and diverse ways inspired by the tastes of summer - their truck menu features Crispy Oyster Tacos, an Oyster Po’Boy and Thai Shrimp and Edamame. The Boston Calling food lineup wouldn't be complete without a lobster roll, and the Shuck Food Truck is the place to be to get an authentic one, served cold, Cape Cod style on a grilled bun that was so delicious I am still thinking about it. Also on their lineup are lobster roll sliders as a fun twist on the classic, as well as fresh oysters on the half shell. Keep an eye out for the Shuck Food Truck this summer at SOWA and the Greenway Carousel!

Festival Offerings

- Oysters on the Half Shell

- Lobster Roll, Cape Cod style cold

- Lobster Roll Slider

Highlights

Cape Cod Style Lobster Roll - a refreshing taste of summer underlined by crunch celery and a buttery grilled bun

shrimp, sandwich, lobster, salad
Kaely Gallagher

For Post-Festival Cravings

Check out their truck locations here!

The Smoke Shop BBQ

pizza, beer
Kaely Gallagher

Who They Are

Everything about this Kendall Square joint is serious about BBQ. Owner, competitive barbecuer and pitmaster Andy Husbands combines Memphis, Kansas City and Texas style influences to his thorough menu packed with a lineup of meats and sides, served in both traditional and modern ways. With one of the most extensive menus on the Boston Calling food schedule, the Smoke Shop is giving a generous taste of their BBQ, plus an unbelievable creation that is sure to go viral. If you like what you taste, make a trip to Kendall Square to enjoy some smoky BBQ on their outdoor patio and sip from the Shop’s long list of whiskeys and beers.

Festival Offerings

- Queso Mac and Cheese

- One Dozen Wings

- Chopped Brisket Sandwich

- Pulled Pork Sandwich

- Smoked Chicken Sandwich

- Tacos (3 per order) – with salsa verde & cabbage slaw; choice of chopped brisket, pulled pork or smoked chicken

- BBQ Bomb – a GIANT waffle filled cone filled with Queso Mac & Cheese, BBQ Beans, Coleslaw and choice of Pulled Pork, Brisket or Smoked Chicken, and topped with Pickled Jalapenos and BBQ spices

- Pit Crew – 2 meats, 2 sides

- Pit Boss – all 3 meats, all 3 sides- Sides: BBQ Beans, Coleslaw, Cornbread with honey-sea salt butter

- Desserts: Butter Cake, Fruit Pebble Rainbow Bar

Highlights

The BBQ Bomb with Brisket - the ultimate festival food

ice cream, ice
Kaely Gallagher

Crispy Sweet Agave Chicken Wings

honey, salad, chicken
Kaely Gallagher

Pit Crew/Pit Boss - perfect for sharing (or not)

pork, feast
Kaely Gallagher

For Post-Festival Cravings

Kendall Square: 1 Kendall Sq. Cambridge, MA (restaurant and separate take-out area)

If you've made it here, you are now thoroughly briefed on what to expect from the Boston Calling food lineup and officially ready to take on the festival! And after this weekend, be sure to visit your favorite vendors at their locations to reminisce about your delicious festival meals.

Follow along on our Instagram all week long to prepare for the festival and see more exclusive photos!