Spoon University Logo
Owala Accessories?width=734&height=489&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
Owala Accessories?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
Lifestyle

The 6 Best Accessories To Spice Up Your Owala

Water bottles are an everyday essential for everybody, which is why it’s so important to have a high-quality one. The debate of what is the best water bottle has been going on for years. It started with the Hydro Flask, then the Stanley, and now, Owala is the current contender fighting for the title of Best Water Bottle. Whether you’re an avid participant in this battle or not, one thing remains true — the best part about having a water bottle is decorating it, and an Owala is no different. Here are six accessories you can use to give your Owala that extra oomph.

1. Bottle Boot, $18

Owala Accessories
Photo via Owala

This is the best way to give your Owala a little extra oomph while keeping it safe at the same time. A bottle boot provides all around protection to the bottom of your Owala in order to prevent any accidental drops or slips. It makes your water bottle your go-to support system into work meetings, lectures, and tests! Though the color range on the website is a bit limited, more options can be found on Amazon.

2. Key Chains, $16

Owala Accessories
Photo via Etsy

The Sandy Liang-ification of purses have now reached water bottles as personalizing Owalas with key chains have become all the rage. It’s a cute and trendy way to really tie in an everyday essential like a water bottle into your aesthetic. Plus, buying key chains is a great way to support small businesses! Etsy is the best place to shop for key chains for any purpose — whether it’s your purse or your Owala.

3. Stickers, $4.50

Owala Accessories
Photo via Etsy

I know we’re probably all past the whole water bottle sticker trend, especially since that was more on brand for Hydro Flasks. Even though they may be more 2020 than 2024, water bottle stickers are a great way to express yourself. If you’re still a fan of this look, stickers can be found on the Owala website or Amazon. However, who says there isn’t a way to merge water bottle stickers into 2024? Bows have been all the rage this year with the rise of Coquette Core, and this love didn’t surpass the Owala. In a collaboration with Urban Outfitters earlier this month, Owala released a limited edition bow-themed bottle.

If you missed this release and couldn’t get your hands on this pretty edition, don’t worry! You can easily create this on your own with bow-themed stickers or decal sheets. This way, you can either follow the design exactly or put your own spin on it by mixing and matching.

4. Water Bottle Handle, $15

Owala Accessories
Photo via Amazon

The one main downside to an Owala (in comparison to other water bottles) is that there is no handle. Though Owalas aren’t that heavy, carrying any water bottle in your hand while heading to class or on a walk can be tiring and a bit annoying. So, why not add an accessory to help you out? A water bottle handle is similar to the bottle boot — it’s a nice convenient touch to your Owala. They’ll make that ten minute walk to class or that hot girl walk a little easier.

5. Water Bottle Pouch, $12

Owala Accessories
Photo via Etsy

Speaking of hot girl walks, TikTok has been buzzing with “Pack my Water Bottle” videos that show people gearing their Owalas or Stanleys for long walks. Hence, the rise of the water bottle pouch.

The water bottle pouch is the best way to avoid bringing an extra bag on a walk, to a work out, or out on a quick errand. It can hold all the essentials — your phone, keys, cash, and any other knick knacks like lip balm.

6. Personalized Name Plate, $12

Owala Accessories
Photo via Etsy

An accessory specific to the Owala is the removable topper. It makes your bottle easier to personalize, and what’s more personal than having your name embedded into your bottle? Having a personalized name plate as your topper makes your Owala more unique to you. Plus, if you’re forgetful like me, it makes it hard to leave behind somewhere or lose. 

Kenzie Nguyen is a National Writer at Spoon University and an executive editor at The Olaf Messenger, St. Olaf College's student newspaper. At Spoon University, her writing spotlights AAPI food culture and icons as well as covers local eats and coffee. Outside of writing, Kenzie enjoys movies, cooking, and books. She is currently pursuing a double major degree in English and Film/Media Studies as an aspiring journalist. You can find her at a flea or farmers market or perusing the shelves at a bookstore. She loves romcoms and her top three recommendations are How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Love Rosie, and 10 Things I Hate About You with an honorable mention to She's the Man.