We all grew up being told how important it is to eat a good breakfast so that you can "grow big and strong" and "start your day on the right foot." Well, twenty years later I can safely say that not only is breakfast the most important meal of the day, breakfast is also objectively the best meal of the day, no questions asked. 

1. You can (and should) eat in your PJs.

Good food + pajamas = pure, infinite bliss. While it may not always be acceptable to eat lunch or dinner while staying in your favorite pair of pjs, breakfast is a meal where jammies are the expectation. That's something I can get behind.

2. Breakfast drinks are the best kind of drinks.

#blueprint #coffee, coffee, latte art, WUSTL
Charlotte Ohana

Coffee, smoothies, mimosas, juice; you name it. If its a drink served in the morning, one of its requirements is that it be delicious. 

3. Bread is a requirement.

Breakfast is the only meal that you're guaranteed to consume some form of bread (or even many forms if you're lucky).

4. You can completely match it to your mood.

Totally exhausted and can barely get out of bed? Have some cereal. Feeling like you can tackle the world and go on a wild adventure? Make your bad self the most protein-packed, health-conscious oatmeal bowl you can think of.

5. Fruit!

Fruit is 110% sugar that's good for you. For breakfast you can have that amazingness in a bowl all on its own, or in some pancakes, or even blended up into a delicious smoothie. Whichever way you want it, the rules of breakfast demand that you eat as much fruit as possible.

6. 2 Words: Breakfast. Buffet.

All those endless buckets of croissants, bowls of cereal, and *gasp* waffle batter on tap, breakfast buffets are loved universally by people from the awkward adolescent years to the only slightly less awkward adult years.

7. The omelettes are egg-celent. 

vegetable, sauce, cheese, meat, omelet, tomato

Not a fan of omelettes? Ask for your eggs fried, scrambled, poached, baked or even boiled. At breakfast the possibilities are endless!

8. There's no need to worry about timing.

avocado, egg, cafe, avocado toast, toast, breakfast, breakfast sandwich, sandwich, bread, brunch, Health, Healthy
Denise Uy

Breakfast is the only meal you can eat at any time of the day and it's not weird. Having pancakes at 9pm is called breakfast for dinner, while having steak at 9am just means you're way overdue for a trip to the grocery store.

9. It's Leslie Knope's favorite meal too.

This is basically all you need to know if you want to be sure that breakfast is the only meal of the day that really, truly matters.

So no matter what time it is, it's time for breakfast, people. No doubt is breakfast the best meal of all time.