Preparing our own meals is a tedious and time-consuming process. As we wait for the pot to boil or the oven to heat, we wish to fast forward to the part where we’re able to, well, eat. Regardless, cooking is an extremely prevalent activity in the lives of college students, especially for those living without a built-in meal plan. Don’t fret- we have a solution to the problem, one more commonly referred to as breakfast for dinner. Below are five breakfast for dinner meals, those that add pleasure and creativity to the cooking process, and overall spunk to dinnertime.

Egg Sliders

Breakfast

Photo by Tara Botwinick

griffey air max
Eggs make for the perfect breakfast, but an even more perfect dinner. One particularly popular way to enjoy eggs for dinner is to prepare egg sliders. Cook your beef, vegetable or turkey burgers with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and most importantly sunny-side up eggs. You’re meal will be nothing less than EGGcelent. Click here for a similar breakfast slider meal: mini bagel breakfast sliders.

Bacon Grilled Cheese

Breakfast

Photo by Gabby Phi

Bacon, egg and cheese is a go-to breakfast combination. For dinner, however, revamp your style with bacon grilled cheese. Try it on a bagel, roll, English muffin or between two lightly toasted bread slices- you can’t go wrong.

Breakfast for Dinner Burritos

Breakfast

Photo by Julie Mirliss

Burritos and other Mexican foods make a heavy-duty meal. When we’re done, we need to catch our breath and unbutton our pants. For this reason, burritos fit the category of dinner even more so than they do the category of breakfast. Add ingredients such as potatoes and sausage and chow down on a trendy and cultural-styled dinner. Click here for the best burritos in Ann Arbor.
nike free trail 5.0
Cereal & Cookie Combination

Breakfast

Photo by Jillian Bass

Cereal, a breakfast crowd favorite, is best paired with a nighttime dessert: cookies. For a balanced “meal”, mix a number of different cereals (fruit-, chocolate-, cinnamon-flavored, etc.) for a filling breakfast for dessert. Top it off with that ever-so-satisfying chocolate chip cookie dipped in either soy or skim milk. Ok so maybe this isn’t quite dinner.

Avocado & Turkey Toast

Breakfast

Photo by Jillian Bass

nike free 5.0 reviews
Toast is an extremely popular breakfast food, but with the right combination of avocado and deli meat, it makes for a delicious dinner too. Toast two pieces of white or whole-wheat bread, slice up fresh avocado, and add thin to medium-sliced turkey for a dinner sandwich feel. Are you an avocado toast lover? Check out this other delicious recipe.

Still hungry? Click here for a ton of unique breakfast food suggestions.