Pumpkin pie is a staple at any Thanksgiving dinner table, but to be honest, it's become a bit cliché over the years. This year, it's time to put the classic pumpkin pie to rest. Thanksgiving dessert is ready to be reinvented. Tradition may be important, but creativity and innovation are far more essential in the Thanksgiving game this time around. RIP pumpkin pie.

If you're hesitant to embrace change, rest assured that any of these versions of the pumpkin pie we all know and love will still leave you with a full belly and a happy heart, all while you lay slumped on your parents' couch after your Thanksgiving feast.

1. Pumpkin Pie in a Mug

coffee, cream
Sarah Joh

Not going to make it home this year? Don't sweat it. This pumpkin pie in a mug will still make your holiday feel festive.

2. Pumpkin Pie with a Sugar Cookie Crust

sweet, cake, bread, pastry, cream
Erica Coulter

Get ready for a sugar overload. Try this pumpkin pie with a sugar cookie crust if you're up for a seriously sweet dessert.

3. Pumpkin Pie Crescent Rolls

sweet, bread
Dylan Barth

Surprise your guests and break out the crescent rolls for an unexpected pumpkin pie-inspired treat. 

4. Pumpkin Pie Cake

cake, chocolate, sweet, cream, pastry, pie, candy
Caroline Grew

If pie isn't your thing, this pumpkin pie cake packs all of that fall flavor into a dessert that will have you going back for seconds, thirds, and maybe even fourths.

5. 4-Ingredient No-Bake Pumpkin Pie

caramel, cream, pie, chocolate
Jayna Goldstein

A 4-ingredient no-bake pumpkin pie is perfect for those of you who may not be so gifted when it comes to cooking.

6. Pumpkin Pie Martini

jam, sweet, honey, juice, marmalade
Georgia Pinter

Feel ~extra festive~ with this boozy pumpkin pie martini.

7. Pumpkin Pie Pull-Apart Bread

caramel, ice cream, ice, cream, pie
Steven Shaltiel

That caramel drizzle though. Make your own pumpkin pie pull-apart bread if you want a dessert with some sex appeal.

8. 4-Layer Pumpkin Cake

cake, cream, sweet, pastry, candy, chocolate, dairy product, butter, bread, cookie
Emily Waples

Easy, quick, and totally Insta-worthy. Make this 4-layer pumpkin cake for Thanksgiving with this recipe.

9. Eggnog Pumpkin Pie

pie, sweet, pastry, pumpkin, chocolate, pecan, crust, cake
Eva Reynolds

Already feeling the Christmas spirit? Then an eggnog pumpkin pie is the right match for you.

10. Pumpkin Pie French Toast

bread, sweet, toast, cake, french toast, pastry, cinnamon
Kristi Cook

It's always a good time for brunch. Try pumpkin pie French toast for a simple way to amp up your breakfast game this season.

11. Healthy Crustless Pumpkin Pie

bread, pumpkin, sweet, pie, chili
Abigail Graham

Bake this crustless pumpkin pie for a low-carb option this year at the Thanksgiving table.

These recipes are the blessing we've been waiting for. Although we'll always love pumpkin pie, we're happy to see some newcomers at the dessert table this year.