Remember that time you ate half a pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving when you thought no one was looking? Yeah…me neither. Even if you don’t have the urge to dive face first into dessert during this beautiful pumpkin season, this recipe will satisfy all of your sweet fall needs. It ditches the often unhealthy, artery-clogging, buttery crust and gives you what you really want – straight up pumpkin spiced goodness. The recipe replaces some sugar with Truvia, and for an even lighter pie feel free to substitute some of the brown sugar for a brown sugar Truvia baking blend, maple syrup, or agave. If you’re feeling chocolate-y, add some dark chocolate chips into your mixture for a little more indulgence. And by the way, if you’re interested in calorie counts, my whole pie has about 420 calories. Yep, that good.

Recipe adapted from The Urban Athletica

Easy

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 75 minutes
Total Time: 85 minutes

Servings: 6

1 15 oz. can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 teaspoon cinnamon 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup brown sugar
¾ packets Truvia
¾ cup almond milk
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
¾ cup egg whites

Healthy Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Photo by Abigail Graham

1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix until fully combined (the batter may seem too liquid-y at this phase, but just go with it).

Healthy Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Photo by Abigail Graham

4. Pour carefully into 9-inch round greased pie pan.

Healthy Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Photo by Abigail Graham

5. Place pan in oven for 20 minutes at 400° F, then lower temperature to 325° F and bake for an hour and 15 minutes or until pie is set. The top should be lightly browned with a thin layer of crust.
6. Let cool for 20 minutes and then refrigerate for about 3 hours (recommended for best results, but it’s impressive if you can wait that long)!
7. Slice into 6 pieces, top with some whipped cream and enjoy without the guilt.