Forget choosing what university you want to study at, choosing a sushi roll is where the real stress is at. Seriously, I struggle more with deciding between a California and Spicy Tuna Roll than I ever did with choosing between St. Andrews and Durham (sorry, Durham, we know who won that battle). Whether you pick your roll based on calorie count or what sushi roll fits your personality, the decision is always tricky. Luckily, I've compiled a ranking of the best classic sushi rolls so that you never have to overthink it again.

11. Cucumber Roll

Contains: Cucumber

Okay, in defense of the humble cucumber roll, there’s nothing wrong with it; it’s just bland. It kind of reminds me of the 2008 version of T-Swift: inoffensive, but not all that interesting either. Sorry, cucumber roll, you aren’t worth the money.

10. Philadelphia Roll

Contains: salmon, avocado, cream cheese

It’s hard to tell what’s more divisive: Brexit, or the Philly roll. I personally hold the belief that cream cheese should never come anywhere near my sushi roll, but I also have friends that love it. It’s a good thing that they’re not writing this ranking, though. Tough luck, Philly roll.

9. Alaska Roll

Contains: smoked salmon, avocado, cucumber, asparagus (optional)

Let’s be clear: Smoked salmon recipes give me life. Whenever I go for afternoon tea, I make it my mission to sneakily consume as many salmon-cream cheese sandwiches as humanly possible. But the asparagus in an Alaska Roll? No, thank you.

8. King Crab Roll

Contains: King Crab, mayonnaise

Along with "Gossip Girl" and pumpkin candles, crab is one of my guilty pleasures in life. That being said, variety is the spice of life (said every mother and middle-grade teacher, ever), and I like a bit of something other than just crab in my roll. Now, if only it came with shredded carrots.

7. Dragon Roll

Contains: eel, crab sticks, avocado, cucumber, eel sauce

OK, confession: The idea of eel totally freaks me out. Maybe it's because of the eels in "The Princess Bride" (how scary were those?!), but I can't get on board with it. Still, this roll wins major points for the crab and avocado. Mmmm.

6. Boston Roll

Contains: shrimp, avocado, cucumber

Shrimp is more than just a fun dipping appetizer at parties. You can even double it up by putting shrimp on the inside and outside of the roll. Shrimp for days, people.

5. Shrimp Tempura Roll

Contains: shrimp tempura, avocado, eel sauce

The smooth avocado and the crunch of the shrimp makes for the perfect duet in this roll. I'm still a bit uncertain about the eel sauce (yuck), but if I close my eyes, I can probably get past it. It's like when you're a kid and you pull the covers over your head: If you can't see it, then it doesn't exist.

4. Spicy Tuna Roll

Contains: tuna, spicy mayo

Just like a good ol’ cheese pizza, sometimes simple is best. You can’t go wrong with the addicting combo of tuna and a kick of spice.

#SpoonTip: If you’re looking for more impressive two-ingredient meals, check out this lisof recipes.

3. California Roll

Contains: Imitation crab, avocado, cucumber

This roll will send you on a one-way trip to Flavor Town, or an express flight to Deliciousness, or well, you get the idea. The trio of imitation crab, avocado, and cucumber is the best threesome since PB&J met bread.

2. Rainbow Roll

Contains: imitation crab, avocado, cucumber, tuna, salmon, shrimp, yellowtail

If you’re looking for a roll that will give you the ultimate #Instaworthy pic, then look no further; this multi-colored roll will brighten up any Insta feed. Plus, it’s basically a California roll but with an extra side of fish. Yummm.

1. Spider Roll

Contains: tempura soft-shell crab, avocado, cucumber, and spicy mayo

If the California roll had a hotter older brother, it would be the spider roll. The tempura crab and spicy kick makes this little gem the best classic sushi roll. I could literally eat two-dozen spider rolls in one sitting. In fact, I have before. No judgement, please.

Obviously, there is no perfect ranking of the best classic sushi rolls. Some people love a plain ol' cucumber roll; other people hate California rolls (@those people, we can never be friends). You could even ditch the rolls altogether and opt for an epic sushi donut or burrito. The point is that there really is no right answer. Except for the fact that cream cheese should never be used in sushi; that's something I'm willing to fight about.