In college, it's almost impossible to find time to sit down and have three proper meals a day. There are so many important things to worry about such as homework, class, projects, and exams that sometimes there's no time to prepare a decent meal, so you snack instead. Don't get me wrong, snacking is great. But most college students tend to reach for a bag of chips or fries instead of veggies and fruits when they're hungry. Let's face it, eating carrots and apples every day can get a bit old. Instead of returning to last semester's habits, take a look at this list of healthy back-to-school snacks.

1. Hippeas Sriracha Sunshine Chickpea Puffs

It's no secret that I'm obsessed with Hippeas Chickpea Puffs. These organic crunchy snacks are a great source of plant protein and fiber, in addition to being irresistibly delicious. Hippeas makes their snacks from simple ingredients, with chickpeas as the star player. There are 5 delicious flavors to choose from — Bohemian Barbecue, Sriracha Sunshine, Vegan White Cheddar, Pepper Power, and Far Out Fajita – but Sriracha Sunshine is my absolute favorite.

2. Kind Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt

Bet you didn't think I would include something with chocolate on this list. Dark chocolate has proven health benefits. It is rich in antioxidants, may improve blood flow, and raise HLD levels, also known as 'good' cholesterol. Kind Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt bar is a great snack when you are on-the-go. This bar is a tasty combination of sweet and salty. Plus, the various nuts add a great crunch factor.

3. Good Thins Balsamic Vinegar & Sea Salt Beet Chips

The natural bright red color of Good Thins Beet Crackers keeps me coming back for more. These baked crackers don't contain any artificial coloring, since the amazing color comes from beet powder. They are super crisp and have a great tang to them due to the balsamic vinegar. Add them to your next cheese board for a great pop of color or pair them with your favorite dip. 

4. Véa Peruvian Sweet Potato Mini Crunch Bars

All of the Véa's crackers are inspired by flavors around the world from Thailand to Mexico and even Greece. Vea Snacks are made without artificial additives and colors. They make sure every ingredient in their snacks are real and natural. Their bite-sized Peruvian Sweet Potato Mini Crunch Bars are one of my favorite for when I'm craving something on the sweet side. They're made from brown rice and sweet potatoes, which provide a natural sweetness to the mini bars. 

5. FAGE Total 5% Greek Yogurt

I have tried a lot of yogurt brands, and FAGE, by far, is my favorite one. FAGE yogurt is a rich and creamy Greek yogurt made from only two ingredients — milk and live active yogurt cultures. The best thing about buying unflavored Greek yogurt is that you can customize it as much as you'd like. Use this yogurt to make a healthy Greek yogurt bowl, make a savory tzatziki sauce, or just drizzle a bit of honey on top and call it a day.  

6. Here White Bean Basil Dip

While salsa and guacamole are good, Here White Bean Basil Dip is fantastic. Here uses only local Midwestern ingredients to make their vegan, legume-based dips. This dip pairs well with everything. Spread it on some warm toast, scoop it up with your favorite chips, add some extra vitamins to your buddha bowl, or jazz up your next veggie platter. If you're not a fan of white bean basil, don't worry, there're five other flavors to choose from.

7. I Heart Keenwah Aged Cheddar Quinoa Puffs

You'll definitely heart these quinoa puffs after just one bite. I Heart Keenwah Quinoa Puffs is a crunchy little cheesy snack that's great for those mid-day munchies. These puffs are made from quinoa flour instead of corn, and have a nice crunch to every bite. While the Aged Cheddar quinoa puffs aren't vegan, the rest of I Heart Keenwah products are free of animal products and just as tasty.

8. Saffron Road Korean BBQ Crunchy Chickpeas 

Chickpeas are a wonderful gift from nature, in my humble opinion. As someone who doesn't eat red meat, I am constantly on the look for protein alternatives that are both tasty and healthy. This is where Saffron Road Korean BBQ Crunchy Chickpeas comes into play. Just one serving contains 6g of protein, but I usually still end up eating half the packet. These bbq chickpea snacks were inspired by traditional Korean spices and flavors, making them a great snack when you are craving something that's both sweet and savory.

9. Beanfields Nacho Bean Chips

Okay, so I know I said that chips weren't the healthiest choice for a snack, but Beanfields Nacho Bean Chips are different. First off, these chips are made with black beans, packing them with 4g of fiber and protein. Second of all, they're vegan and gluten-free, but have an amazing cheesy flavor that will fool your tastebuds into thinking these chips are Doritos. There's no other way to say this, but Beanfields truly are positively addicting

10. Justin's Classic Almond Butter

I am a huge fan of almond butter to the point where I eat it almost every day, if not twice a day. Almond butter is a great source of minerals, vitamins, and healthy fats and supports healthy brain function and decreasing the risk of heart disease. I love pairing almond butter with apples, slathering it over waffles, topping off my overnight oats, and, best of all, just eating it straight out of the jar with a spoon.

It can be really hard to eat a healthy, balanced diet in college when you have exams to worry about and homework to focus on, but it's not impossible. There are so many cheap, but delicious healthy snacks that will satisfy your mid-day and late night cravings. Forget about those processed snacks, and give one of these healthy ones a try. Here's to a new, healthier school year.