Over the past few years, I have been changing my eating habits to maintain a healthier diet that's free of artificial flavors, additives, and GMOs. To be completely honest, it has been a real struggle to find snacks that are both good for me and taste amazing...

Until I accidentally found Hippeas Organic Chickpea Puffs at my local grocery store. What instantly grabbed my attention what the bright yellow packaging. I was hesitant to try these puffs because I thought they were going to be just another healthy tasteless snack, but thankfully I was so wrong. After one bite, I instantly became a proud Hippea. I'm sure you're going to want to give Hippeas a try after you hear why they've become my new snacking obsession.

1. Support Farm Africa

Hippeas supports Farm Africa, a charitable organization that works with farmers in east Africa. The goal of Farm Africa is to provide a way for the people in Sub-Saharan Africa to grow out of poverty and make the most of their land. They also help farmers prepare for the future and unexpected weather conditions, such as droughts. For every bag of Hippeas sold, Hippeas gives back to that cause.

2. Good for the Earth

Chickpeas, the main ingredient in Hippeas, are naturally good for the earth just by being themselves. They release nitrogen back into the earth as they grow, keeping the soil full of nutrients for other plants to use. Nitrogen is needed for healthy soil and is an important part of the ecosystem. Since plants can't obtain nitrogen straight from the air, they acquire it from the soil thanks to chickpeas.

3. Made with simple, clean ingredients

These organic and non-GMO snacks only use high quality ingredients, starting off with the chickpeas. They have a clean label, which means their products are free of artificial colors, flavors, and additives. Plus, every ingredient is simple and easy to pronounce. No need for a chemistry degree. 

4. Suitable For Any Diet

It can be difficult to find a tasty snack that all of your friends can enjoy, but Hippeas just made it a whole lot easier. Not only are these chickpea puffs nut-free, soy-free, and kosher, they're also gluten-free and vegan. They're a great party food that all your guests can savor without having to worry about checking the label for hidden nuts, gluten, and animal products. 

5. They're nutritious 

Get some extra nutrients while snacking. A 1-ounce serving of Hippeas provides 3 grams of fiber and 4 grams of plant-protein. Plus, Hippeas Puffs have zero grams of cholesterol and are trans-fat free. What's even better is that they're baked, instead of fried, and packed with good vibes.

Get it? Because they're Hippeas.

6. They're delicious 

The best thing about Hippeas is that they are genuinely really delicious in addition to their other benefits. Hippeas have an amazing light texture and a great crunch to every bite. Hippeas come in 5 flavors — Bohemian Barbecue, Sriracha Sunshine, Vegan White Cheddar, Pepper Power, and Far Out Fajita.

I highly recommend Sriracha Sunshine. It has the prefect amount of heat that gives your tastebuds a nice kick but isn't overpowering. Whichever one you choose, you can't go wrong with any flavor. 

Bonus: 

Need another reason to #GivePeasAChance?

Well, here's two... First off, their packaging is super cute and smiles back at you. Each flavor is designated with a different colored tongue and stripe but the overall package is a fun, bright yellow that instantly catches your attention. Secondly, they have a custom bright yellow Hippeas-branded VW camper van that spreads the good news about Hippeas Puffs. If you're lucky, you might just spot it driving around in your city.

Hippeas are sold in many popular stores including Whole Foods, Jewel-Osco, Safeway, and even Starbucks. Don't forget to grab a bag, or five, of Hippeas Puffs on your next shopping trip. For those without easy Hippeas access, you can still enjoy these crunchy puffs by ordering them directly to your doorstep.

Now go forth and embrace being a modern-day Hippea.