Summer is the time to sit outside and soak up the sun while snacking on delicious food. And if you think chips and guac are the ultimate summer food, think again. It's time I introduce you to Here, a vegan-friendly legume-based dip, that's as delicious as it is nutritious.  

About Here

The goal of Here is to bring people closer to their food by using only local Midwestern ingredients and making fresh food accessible to consumers nationwide. CEO Nate Laurell and President Megan Klein of Here are committed to working with local farmers throughout the year to ensure the best ingredients for their products. All of their dips are made from plant-based ingredients — lentils, beans, tomatoes — and avoid any additives and preservatives. They are also full of flavor and nutrients, and a healthier alternative to regular old cream-based dips. 

Flavors

Bright Beet Bean 

While the bright pink color might initially draw your attention to Here Bright Beet Bean Dip, it's the taste that will keep you coming back for more. Made with Michigan navy beans, Illinois MightyVine™ Tomatoes, and fresh beets, this bright dip will add nice pop of color to your next crudités platter.

Black Bean Tomato

If you're looking for something with a bit more spice, the Black Bean Tomato Dip is the one for you. Seasoned with cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper, you won't get bored dipping your tortilla chips into this fiesta of a dip. It also goes really well with homemade fish tacos.

Curry Lentil 

The Curry Lentil Dip is the only dip that is lentil-based instead of bean-based. Its flavor is influenced by Indian cuisine that really shines through from the use of turmeric, curry powder, garlic, and ginger. This dip is best paired with freshly baked pita bread.

Edamame Pea Sesame  

Inspired by Asian flavors, Edamame Pea Sesame Dip is flavored with garlic, sesame oil, and ginger. The base of this dip is made from Michigan navy beans, non-GMO edamame, and Illinois pea shoots. Scoop up this dip with rice crackers or use it to top off your homemade Buddha bowl.

Spinach Mushroom

Here Spinach Mushroom Dip has a rich and creamy flavor similar to pâté. It has all the flavor and texture of pâté but uses only plant-based ingredients such as Wisconsin mushrooms, lentils, rosemary, and sage. This dip is also a healthy alternative to duck pâté and tastes even better, if I may say so myself. What's the best way to eat it? Well, spread on a warm, toasted baguette and topped with nutty gouda cheese, of course.

White Bean Basil

Here White Bean Basil is full of Italian flavors. This dip incorporates traditional Italian favorites such as white beans, garlic, lemon, sea salt, and extra virgin olive oil with fresh Illinois basil, giving it a refreshing finish at the end of each bite. Slather it on grilled ciabatta bread or add it on the side of some roasted chicken breast for a tasty meal, but my favorite way to eat it is with a spoon. 

Where To Buy

Here Dips are sold nationwide in many popular grocery stores such as Whole Foods, Mariano's, Jewel Osco, and more. So get in your car or put on your gym shoes and head over to the refrigerator aisle at your local grocery store to try this amazing company. After one taste of Here Dips, you might just end up forgetting about guac and hummus.