So, I just learned all peanut butter has mold in it, which is an extremely depressing fact considering I am obsessed with peanut butter. To make matters even worse, the mold that grows on peanuts, aflatoxin, causes cancer. Who wants to eat mold that is a carcinogen? Hopefully, no one. Certainly not me. So many people have allergies to all kinds of molds too, why would we want to ingest it? I'm not giving up peanut butter forever, but i'm at least going to limit my consumption as much as possible. With this highly disagreeable news, I decided to create another overnight oat recipe similar to my recipe for chocolate peanut butter overnight oats, but this time with almond butter instead. 

Almond butter is like peanut butter, but without the mold. Likewise to peanut butter, it's high in protein and healthy fats. It doesn't taste the same, but it still tastes good, which is a very good thing.

As of recently I have gotten really into the coconut trend. I'm pretty sure I've tried every coconut product. I don't particularly like coconut milk yogurt on its own, but it tastes great mixed in with overnight oats. It gives the oats a nice creamy texture and coconut-y flavor

Obviously almond, chocolate, and coconut is a great combination, because Hershey invented the Almond Joy. Make this oat recipe and you'll see for yourself.

Almond Joy Overnight Oats

• Cook Time:8 hrs
  • Total Time:8 hrs 5 mins

• 1/3 cup rolled-oats
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk yogurt
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 1 tablespoon whole flax seed
  • 1 heaping tablespoon unsweetned almond butter
  • 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
  • Drizzle maple syrup to taste
chocolate, cream, oatmeal
Alixandra Rutnik

Place all the ingredients into a small bowl with a lid.

Stir all the ingredients together until combined.

Pop into the fridge and enjoy the next morning. Add some raspberries, and sprinkle some raw cacao nibs on top for more yummy flavors and textures.