As much as we all love wine, we college kids also love a bargain. And we all know the best way to get more bang for your buck is with boxed wine.

A box of wine contains, on average, 4 glasses of wine and varies in price from 10 to 20 dollars. Talk about getting drunk on a budget. But most of us know the quality of boxed wine is never the best. Here are seven additions to help you dress up your boxed wine so you can get boozy on a budget.

1. Cinnamon Sticks & Apples

chocolate, candy, sweet, cookie, cinnamon
Natalie Rodriguez

This is the proper pairing for Pinot Grigio boxed wine. The apple and cinnamon combination is PERFECT for the fall and will taste just like apple cider. Plus, in the month of October, apples are in season so they're super cheap. Mix both granny smith and honeycrisp for the flavor for the irresistible addition of tart and sweet.

2. Oranges and Lemon

snack, Fruit, citrus, peeling orange, orange peel, Peel, peeling, orange

The best part about this zesty combination is that they are great in both red or white wine. And, these fruits will soak up the wine so that when you finish your glass you can eat your fruit while still keeping your buzz. 

3.  Cranberry Juice

compote, cranberry sauce, gelatin, marmalade, berry, sweet, jam
Helena Lin

This pairs nicely with white Zinfandel. It can also pair with other bitter whites in order to make them sweeter and easier to drink. Not only will it look pretty when you add it in, it's also extremely tasty and will make you forget that the wine you're drinking came from a box in your fridge.

4.  Honey and Pears

sweet, juice, quince, apple, pasture, pear
Amber Holte

This is another awesome combination for both red and white wine. It's perfect because it provides a natural sweetness and the addition of fruit is fantastic for presentation. Pears are typically in season in the fall and winter so they should be cheaper this time of year.

5. Ginger Ale

ginger, vegetable, galangal, herb
Tyra Wu

The perfect add-in for any white wine. It's especially great when you have a drier white wine that lacks sweetness. For those who love bubbles, this is THE perfect hack. It adds a hint of warmth to the wine while adding a little soda carbonation. 

6. Mulled Wine

coffee, red wine, liquor, alcohol, wine
Alex Frank

For those who don't know, there is a version of wine that is served warm. Mulled wine is perfect for the colder months and is a great way to enjoy dry reds. This recipe is fantastic for Cabernet and is super simple. Just throw in all the ingredients into a slow cooker and then serve. 

7.  Cocoa Powder

chocolate, cocoa powder, cocoa

This is another addition that is greater for the colder months that are soon approaching. Who doesn't love chocolate and red wine? Pairing with chocolate makes for a killer duo, so adding cocoa powder to your wine is a no brainer. 

Slapping the bag is a thing of the past, but long live boxed wine with these hacks. These seven additions will ensure you can enjoy your wine, even on a college student's budget. Give them a try, because wine not?