We’re all guilty of buying cheap wine. We pretend like we pick the cheap wine because we’ve “heard it’s good,” but really, we buy it because of the price tag. There’s no shame in doing it when you’re a college student living on a college student budget.

From making cocktails to simply adding some cinnamon sticks, it’s easy to spice up the cheap wine. To make that price tag feel like it’s a little bit higher, take these into consideration the next time you pop open one of those bottles. You’re welcome.

1. Crock Pot Mulled Red Wine

cheap wine

Photo courtesy of wellplated.com

For when you’re feeling lazier than usual, dump your super cheap red wine into a slow cooker with spices and make something that was $5 taste like $15. 

2. Watermelon Sangria

cheap wine

Photo courtesy of foodandwine.com

Sangria just got better. Try making this version for a refreshing summer beverage to beat the heat.

3. Blood Orange Rosemary Spritzer

Blood-Orange-Rosemary-Spritzer-3

Photo courtesy of girlinthelitleredkitchen.com

Your friends will have no idea you used a $4 bottle of Andre to make this classy ass cocktail. Get spritzed up.

4. Red Wine Margarita

final

Photo courtesy of thelittleepicurean.com

You know when you open a bottle of red wine and after a few days, it tastes bad? This is a great way to make sure that fancy $7 bottle doesn’t go to waste.

5. French 75

Draaanks-French-75

Photo courtesy of liquor.com

Another reason to justify buying Andre and not feel guilty about it. It’s perfectly disguised in this timeless drink. Stay classy my friends.

6. Mulled White Wine with Clove and Citrus

mulled-white-wine-03

Photo courtesy of mitzyathome.com

Think of this as the alcoholic version of a pumpkin spice latte.

7. Gin and Rosé Grapefruit Cocktail

Photo courtesy of pairmag.com

For the days when you really need a tasty drink, but you know you’re still broke AF.

8. Red Wine Hot Chocolate

red-wine-hot-chocolate-2

Photo courtesy of backtoherroots.com

The ultimate comfort beverage. Top off a cozy night of Netflix with a cup of this bad boy.

9. Mixed Berry Lemoncello Sangria

R162044.jpg.rendition.largest

Photo courtesy of bhg.com

I don’t know about y’all, but this is what I’ll be drinking all summer.

10. Red Wine Berry Spritzer

Red-Wine-Berry-Spritzer-Friday-Cocktail-1

Photo courtesy of aggieskitchen.com

Actually the easiest thing to make with your cheap red wine.

11. Coconut Water Champagne Fruit Punch

coconutwaterpunch-14

Photo courtesy of averiecooks.com

You are literally getting drunk and preventing your hangover at the same time. Why wouldn’t you want to drink this punch?

12. Pineapple Mojito Sangria

IMG_7391-smaller

Photo courtesy of kitchentreaty.com

Fresh chunks of pineapple and sprigs of mint will transport you to the beach you wish you were sitting on. Take a little tropical vacation, with some wine of course.

13. Lemon Sorbet with Prosecco

cheap wine

Photo courtesy of bellalimento.com

Make your childhood dreams come true with this alcoholic, Italian lemon slushie.