Spoon University Logo
DSC 6998
DSC 6998
Recipes

Beer and Irish Cream Cupcakes to Get You “Pissed” For Saint Patrick’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at NYU chapter.

Saint Patrick’s day is the day of all things Irish, all things green and (and most importantly) all things booze. But sometimes it’s hard to pick a favorite way to celebrate—do you go for the bar or the dessert table?

Well, now you don’t have to choose. With these super simple (yet totally badass) boozy cupcakes, you can slay the Saint Patrick’s Day game whether you’re Irish or just wish you were.

Chocolate Stout Cupcakes

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 10 minutesCook time: 20 minutesTotal time: 30 minutesServings:24 servings

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Photo by Jaime Wilson

In a large bowl, whisk cocoa powder, sugar, flour, baking soda and salt.

3. Photo by Jaime Wilson

In a separate bowl, combine beer, melted butter and vanilla.

4. Photo by Jaime Wilson

Gradually add dry ingredients to wet mixture.

5. Photo by Jaime Wilson

Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in sour cream until combined and smooth.

6. Fill each liner about 3/4 of the way. Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake another 10 minutes, or until risen. Remove and let cool.

Irish Cream Frosting

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 5 minutesCook time: minutesTotal time: 5 minutesServings:24 servings

Instructions

1. Photo by Jaime Wilson

Using an electric mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy.

2. Photo by Jaime Wilson

Gradually beat in confectioners sugar and milk. Add vanilla and salt to taste

3. Photo by Jaime Wilson

Continue mixing on medium to low speed and slowly pour in Irish Cream. Mix until combined and at desired consistency.

4. Using a piping bag (or ziploc bag with a cutout hole in the corner), pipe frosting onto the top of cooled cupcakes. Top with green sprinkles.