Don't get me wrong, classic mac n' cheese is always great, but it's only natural to want to mix things up now and again. Maybe you have a hot date you want to impress, or you want to show your mom that mac n' cheese CAN be dinner. Whatever the reason, here are five different ways to mix up your Kraft mac & cheese like you've never tried before. 

Start with following the box instructions and cook your pasta to completion. 

noodle, bibimbap, egg, ramen, rice
Olivia Buckley

Is it a coincidence that great things come from little blue boxes? Then you'll end up with this glorious pot of mac and cheese. After you have your final product is when the real fun comes in. 

pasta
Olivia Buckley

Here's where things get interesting.

1. Bacon Mac & Cheese 

sauce, meat, macaroni, bacon, cheese
Olivia Buckley

The amount of diced bacon bits you put in is all preference. Personally, the more bacon the better. Put your mac & cheese in an oven safe dish. Then sprinkle a thin layer of bread crumbs on the top of the macaroni. Place the dish in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for five minutes.  

2. Spicy Garlic Mac & Cheese 

sauce, cheese, penne, pasta
Olivia Buckley

For many of these recipes, amounts of ingredients should be determined by preference. Spicy garlic mac & cheese is pretty simple. All you need is to mix a dash of garlic salt and a generous sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes. 

3. Pesto Mac & Cheese

rice
Olivia Buckley

Add a dollop of fresh basil pesto in about a cup of mac and cheese and you're good to go. If you're feeling fancy AF add fresh basil leaves to your bowl.

4. Pepper Mac & Cheese

vegetable
Olivia Buckley

This one is for all the plain jane's out there. Scatter some crushed black pepper into your bowl then add some grated cheese.  

5. Frank's (RedHot sauce) Mac & Cheese

vegetable, cheese, macaroni, pasta, sauce
Olivia Buckley

This is my personal favorite. I add A LOT of this delicious Frank's RedHot hot sauce to my bowl of macaroni. If you can't handle the heat, just add a dash of hot sauce and you'll get the idea.