It's no secret that the South loves barbecue. While driving through South Carolina you'll see barbecue joint after barbecue joint. But how do you know which one to choose? No worries, I've done my research and I'm here to bring you the best of the best.

11. Farm Boy's BBQ

A photo posted by Steve Klise (@steveklise) on

Farm Boy's has been fixing Southern-style barbecue for over 30 years now. They take pride in their secret family recipes that have been passed down for generations. You'll definitely want to set aside time in your schedule to visit Farm Boy's because they're only open 11am - 8pm Thursday through Saturday.

Location: 525 Columbia Ave, Chapin, SC 29036

10. Doc's BBQ and Southern Buffet

A photo posted by Briana (@iambriyonce) on

Doc's opened in May 2006, and the locals of Columbia have been hooked ever since. Located less than a mile from Williams-Brice stadium, Doc's is the perfect lunch stop on game day.

They offer a diverse menu with entrees from the butcher as well as a full buffet. Lunch is served 11am - 2:30pm Monday through Saturday.

Location: 1601 Shop Road, Columbia, SC 29201

9. Palmetto Pig

Located minutes from the campus of USC, it's easy to see why Palmetto Pig is a student and faculty favorite barbecue spot. Offering an all-you-can-eat buffet, as well as take-out and catering, getting your Southern barbecue fix is simpler than ever.

Palmetto Pig is open 11am - 2:30pm Tuesday and Wednesday and 11am - 9pm Thursday through Saturday

Location: 530 Devine Street, Columbia, SC, 29201

8. Hudson's Smokehouse

A photo posted by Hal Thomas (@halthomas) on

Hudson's is the epitome of a family-grown small business. What started as a hobby for the Hudson family quickly turned into their livelihood. While their business has grown, their attention to quality has stayed the same for years. And with many awards and a loyal consumer base, Hudson's is an obvious favorite among South Carolinians.

They are open 10:30am - 9pm Tuesday through Thursday, 11am - 10pm Friday, 10:30am - 10pm Saturday, and 10:30am - 3pm Sunday.

Location: 4952 Sunset Blvd, Lexington, SC 29072

7. Henry's Smokehouse

Henry's prides itself on using the best ingredients and cooking slowly at low temperatures to seal in the flavor and allow for fall-off-the-bone meats. It's obvious why they've become so legendary in Greenville, SC.

Henry's is open 11am-8pm Monday - Saturday and 11am-3pm on Sundays.

Location: 240 Wade Hampton Blvd, Greenville, SC 29609

6. Wholly Smokin' BBQ and Ribs

After his hobby won him several awards on the barbecue scene, Bill Travis decided to open a restaurant. In 2012, Wholly Smokin' BBQ and Ribs was born.

Located in historic Florence, they are open 11am - 9am Tuesday-Thursday, 11am - 10pm Friday and Saturday, and 11am - 8pm Sunday

Location: 150 S Dargan Street, Florence, SC 29506

5. Midwood Smokehouse

bacon
Cayla Przygoda

Midwood Smokehouse just opened in January 2016 and has already made its mark on the barbecue scene in South Carolina. Offering appetizers, salads, sandwiches, and classic barbecue entrees, its hard to not find something here to satisfy your tastebuds.

Midwood is open 11am - 10pm Sunday through Wednesday, and 11am - 11pm Thursday through Saturday

Location: 702 Cross Hill Road, Columbia, SC 29205

4. Bullies BBQ

As many foodies will tell you, hole in the wall places offer some of the best eats around. Bullies represents this claim perfectly. Although attached to a gas station, its barbecue is not to be underestimated. Locals and tourists alike call Bullies their favorite stop in Hilton Head.

They are open 11am - 8pm Monday through Saturday, and 12pm - 8pm Sunday. 

Location: 3 Regency Pkwy, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928

3. Simply Southern Smokehouse

A photo posted by Jay Prince (@prince0fq) on

Simply Southern Smokehouse not only takes pride in their food, but also their hospitality. They ensure each of their customers feels at home and comfortable. Simply Southern accurately embodies the true meaning of Southern hospitality.

They are open 11am - 9pm Tuesday through Saturday

Location: 1913 Mr. Joe White Ave, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

2. The Southern Belly BBQ

A photo posted by Holly Stewart (@holly0793) on

Southern Belly is on a mission to make the world's best barbecue sandwiches. And if you ask locals, they're doing a damn good job. They've created their own take on Southern barbecue by crafting seven unique sandwiches, each with their own personality.

Southern Belly is open 11am - 10pm Monday through Saturday and 11am - 9pm Sunday.

Location: 1332 Rosewood Drive, Columbia, SC 29201

1. Swig and Swine

A photo posted by George Carlton (@gbcarlton) on

Swig and Swine offers all hardwood-smoked barbecue as well as 20+ craft beers. Located in Charleston, it's a popular hot spot for locals and tourists alike. So gather up your friends and family and head on over to Swig and Swine for a family platter—they're first on this list for a reason.

They are open 11am - 10pm Sunday through Thursday, and 11am - 11pm Friday and Saturday

Location: 1217 Savannah Hwy, Charleston, SC 29407