Judaism is a religion that always seems to be based on food. Every Jew knows the joke that every Jewish holiday’s theme is: They tried to kill us, we won, let’s eat! Since there are so many great classic Jewish foods, check out which one matches your zodiac sign.

Aquarius (January 20th-February 18th): Gefilte Fish

Jewish

Photo by Edsel Little

Sure, some may call you cold and impersonal, but in reality, people just need the time to really get to know you. Once they know you, they come to understand that you are truly a delicacy.

Pisces (February 19th-March 20th): Hamentashen

Jewish

Photo by Tess Citron

I know you’re thinking, “Pisces is symbolized by the fish. Why isn’t Pisces associated with gefilte fish?” Well, here’s the real explanation: Pisces are very creative people and very much into the arts, and no Jewish dish requires more artistry and creativity than the Hamentashen.

Think about it – you can fill the Hamentashen with almost anything, it’s not the traditional shape for a cookie, and it’s definitely super unique, just like a Pisces. Also, Purim, the Jewish holiday where Hamentashen are served, usually falls during the time of Pisces. Eager to try a Hamentashen? They don’t take long to make and they’re gone before you know it.

Aries (March 21st-April 19th): Challah

Jewish

Photo by Malia Hu

Aries can be a bit impatient and always want to get the party started. Well, Challah, the traditional Jewish bread served on Shabbat, is the thing that gets the party (aka Shabbat) started. Seriously, after all the prayers that come beforehand, we get a chance to eat, everyone looks forward to grabbing a piece of Challah.

Plus, technically people aren’t supposed to talk after they have done the ritual washing of the hands until eating a piece of Challah, so for people who like to talk, you are the highlight of the meal. Here’s a way to learn how to make Challah, if you’d like to try. And if you have some leftovers, make a delicious challah French toast!

Taurus (April 20th-May 20th): Knish

Jewish

Photo by Jade Silva

Taurus, the bull sign, is not only stubborn, but can often be lazy and hungry, so what better than the incredibly filling snack, the Knish, filled with mashed potatoes and often deep fried. The Knish is easy enough to find at any Jewish deli and will also taste okay rewarmed in the microwave at 3 am. When you’re craving a Knish, go to the most famous Jewish deli in NYC, Katz’s.

Gemini (May 21st-June 20th): Blintz

Jewish

Photo courtesy of wikipedia.org

Gemini is the sign that sometimes seems to have multiple personality disorder. So in order to appeal to the dual nature of a Gemini, the dual nature of a blintz is perfect. Blintzes, which are basically the Jewish version of a crepe, can be filled with something sweet – like cherries or blueberries, or something savory, like potatoes. Blintzes are found at pretty much any Jewish event and remind every Jew of being a kid.

Cancer (June 21st-July 22nd): Egg Cream

Jewish

Photo courtesy of wikipedia.org

Just an FYI folks, this drink contains neither eggs nor cream. This fountain drink is made with milk, carbonated water, and some sort of syrup, often times chocolate or vanilla syrup. This drink is perfect for the moody and homebody Cancer because it is super easy to make at home. Here is a super-simple recipe for a chocolate egg cream. The egg cream is a New York staple, along with other treats like rainbow cookies, red velvet cakes, and fried Twinkies.

Leo (July 23rd-August 22nd): Bagel

Jewish

Photo by Ashley Hamati

We all know that Leos tend to be show-offs and consider themselves the best. These are the type of people who will tell you that if you are going to eat anything for breakfast, it better be a bagel and it better be a bagel from a Jewish deli either in NYC or in New Jersey. Skip the line at the local deli and make a bagel at home.

Virgo (August 23rd-September 22nd): Matzo Ball/Chicken Soup

Jewish

Photo by Shira Kipnees

Virgos are health freaks and will likely be found eating tons of matzo ball or chicken soup if they feel a cold coming on, as matzo ball soup is considered “Jewish Penicillin.” Everybody, Jewish or not, loves some matzo ball soup.

Libra (September 23rd-October 22nd): Babka

Jewish

Photo by Elizabeth Philip

Since their symbol is the scale, Libras love babka. Babka is sweet but not sickeningly sweet and the perfect balance between being a breakfast-like dish and more of a dessert. Everyone loves babka and it is easy enough to get at a Jewish bakery. Looking for a way to make your babka even better for breakfast? Check out this recipe for chocolate babka French toast.

Scorpio (October 23rd-November 21st): Kugel

Jewish

Photo by Rebecca Siegel

Scorpios tend to put their heart and soul into everything, and a kugel is a dish that is the epitome of the Jewish heart and soul. Kugel is made with egg noodles and is often a casserole or a pudding. Kugel is a dish that you’ll probably find at every Jewish holiday and the one that most often reminds Jews of their families and ancestors. Check out this recipe on how to make a savory noodle kugel.

Sagittarius (November 22nd-December 21st): Rugelach

Jewish

Photo by Amanda Shulman

Sagittariuses tend to be the people who want to travel the world and will have experienced the best cuisine in each country. Marzipan Bakery in Jerusalem is famous for its rugelach, a Jewish pastry that is like a croissant and filled with cinnamon, and is often considered to have the best rugelach in the world.

However, for those eager to try Marzipan Bakery’s rugelach in the US, fear not! Marzipan Bakery now also sells its rugelach in the US. However, if you’d rather just make your own rugelach, that’s easy enough to do.

Capricorn (December 22nd-January 19th): Latkes

Jewish

Photo by Alexandra Hayes

A Capricorn is a traditionalist, and nothing is more traditional for Jews, especially in the winter time, than latkes – fried potato pancakes. A Capricorn will argue that the perfect latke should be made with regular potatoes and that the traditional recipe should not be messed with and altered with things like sweet potatoes instead of potatoes. Since we all know that homemade latkes will always top store-bought ones, here is how you can make your own latkes.