One word, eight letters: desserts. Who doesn't love that exciting moment when the sweet finale is about to come? And what if we changed that concept for sugar free desserts? If it doesn't sound so good to you, you should give these goodies a chance. Desserts are a synonym of delight and pleasure, and unless you're on a strict diet or a raw vegan athletic lifestyle, you would normally say yes to that chocolate brownie or key lime pie. 

As not everything that shines is gold, there is a downside to these beautiful pieces of joy. We not only crave desserts because we like a sweet treat after a meal, but it also has to do with our metabolism. According to dietitian Emilia Górka, amongst other reasons, "in people who eat at irregular intervals, the desire for desserts may result from a large burst of insulin after a heavy meal. The sudden 'jump' in insulin causes a rapid decrease in blood sugar levels, and thus increases the desire for sweets."

But, sadly, it always comes down to the same reason: processed sugar. Processed sugar is definitely not on our side. Consuming it once in a while is fine, but on a daily basis it just makes us fatter, older, unhealthier, and unhappier. How can I say that when sugar looks and tastes so good? I know, it hurts me too.

Lucky for us, there are plenty of options that we can use as an alternative to the white powder, and let me tell you desserts have never looked so good! Check out these sugar free desserts; I'm sure you will find your perfect fit. 

1. Chocolate Coconut Squares 

goody, pastry, cake, cookie, cream, sweet, candy, chocolate
Jody Brimacombe

It has a chocolate graham cracker crust. It has a thick, decadent coconut cream frosting. It has cinnamon. Should I continue?

2. Peanut Butter Cups

milk chocolate, sweetmeat, cake, cream, milk, goody, sweet, candy, chocolate
Annalee Flaherty

Delicious pieces of heaven that you can prepare in 20 minutes and only using one bowl, a cupcake tray, and some measuring cups. Check out the step-by-step video in this article for more help! 

3. Matcha Banana Ice Cream

relish, milk, sweet, dairy product, cream
Elise Fegler

This recipe is banana frozen sweetness with some healthy matcha powder, and ice cream couldn’t get any more delicious if it tried.

4. Carrot Cake

peanut, peanut butter, chips, cookie, chocolate
Marina Wollmann

You can enjoy this carrot cake without feeling guilty or sick. It's made with healthier ingredients, and I promise they can also be sweet and exquisite for the palate. 

5. Almond Rice Krispies

peanut, cannoli, cream, chocolate
Christina Robinson

Try these bad boys out for your next bake sale, or whenever you crave a quick sweet treat that won’t make you want to clock in an extra hour at the gym (not that you ever really want to).

6. Chocolate Cake

buckwheat, cereal
Ahana Shanbhogue

A sugar-free chocolate cake? YES! Give it a try, it's even easier to prepare than the average one. 

7. Coffee Cake

goody, candy, pastry, cake, sweet, chocolate, cookie
Alejandra Fernandez

This recipe is a gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free version of coffee cake that makes it the perfect breakfast or midday snack.

8. Mocha Nice Cream 

caramel, mousse, pudding, coffee, dairy product, milk, chocolate, sweet, cream

Nice cream tastes, looks, and sounds so good and healthy that you will want to try this recipe ASAP. It's a four-ingredient mocha nice cream for the books.

9. Date Squares 

peanut, cream, pumpkin, peanut butter, pie
Naomi Flanagan

As dates are nature's candy, they had to make it to the list. Try out the smooth, out-of-this-world flavor of these sugar-free date squares.

10. Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

oatmeal cookie, peanut butter, chocolate, peanut, chicken, granola, oatmeal
Marina Wollmann

Another banana and chocolate recipe that won't go unnoticed. It's one of the easiest and fastest sweet treats to prepare on the go. Watch out the amount you make, because you will definitely eat them all. 

11. Vegan Chocolate Mousse 

cream, beef, sauce, meat, vegetable
Balim Tezel

Chocolate mousse is for sure one of the top five best desserts. Try out this vegan version and let it surprise you in the most exquisite way.

12. Homemade Lärabars

brownie, goody, cake, candy, sweet, chocolate
Meredith Davin

If you ever tried to eat healthier snacks, you for sure know these amazing snacks. Double up and make your own little pieces of joy!

13. Greek Yogurt Bark

pastry, cake, dairy product, cream, chocolate, sweet
Maria Serghiou

Who would’ve thought that Greek yogurt could turn into bark? This healthy snack alternative with bananas and Nutella will satisfy your salty and sweet cravings (you can substitute Nutella for cacao powder to make it totally sugar-free).

14. Yogurt Parfait 

yogurt, cream
Spoon University

A simple combination of yogurt, granola, and fruit to sweeten up your day.

15. Blueberry Cake 

wheat, cake, bread
Kristine Mahan

For those days where you only need a generous piece of cake and a two-hour nap. Enjoy this healthy version of your favourite dessert, and bring it to your friend's birthday too.

Desserts were created for us to be happier, so why would we deprive ourselves from them? Sugar Free Desserts are the answer to all of your health versus pleasure questions. Give these gems a shot and tell all of your friends that you've found the key to sweet well-being.