The Super Bowl is the most watched televised event of the year. , The total amount of viewers was a whopping 111.3 million for Super Bowl LI. It's basically a day made for wings, pizza, buffalo dip, and abundance of other greasy foods. Who doesn't enjoy a good snack when watching a movie or television?  The unbelievable game was nothing short of what very well could be a movie. And now apparently it is in the works of being made into one.

pepperoni, bacon, meat, pizza
Libby Perold

No wonder America falls 12th in the world for obesity rates. We find a reason to incorporate excessive eating for practically anything worth celebrating. The average intake of calories for Americans on Super Bowl Sunday is 2,400. The only other day Americans consume more food than Super Bowl Sunday, is Thanksgiving.  Thanksgiving obviously consisting of turkey, mashed potatoes, squash, gravy, mashed potatoes etc. More hearty, wholesome foods, that take a decent amount of time to prepare.

Super Bowl Sunday consists of picking up the phone and ordering the greasiest thing on the chosen menu. Super Bowl Sunday is an extremely appealing day to Americans, mostly because all food that will be eaten can be ordered and delivered. The restaurant and grocery store industries rely heavily on this day. The two most popular foods are on the famous Sunday are pizza and chicken wings. According to Forbes, Americans will buy 12.5 million pizzas and approximately 1.33 billion chicken wings will be consumed as well.

A  2015 Super Bowl Study found that Americans devoured  1.25 billion chicken wings, 11.2 million pounds of potato chips, 120 million pounds of avocado, 4 million pizzas, 50 million cases of beer, and 72 million rice cakes. 111.4 million viewers tuned in for Super Bowl XLIX. This years Super Bowl drew 111.3 viewers. No stats have been released for this past Super bowl's food consumption as of yet. As we are approaching the one month anniversary, the final estimations should be coming out soon. But it should be of equal value of the 2015 Super Bowl.

chicken wings, sauce, celery, chicken
Sarah Strong

I'm from Boston so there wasn't much for me to celebrate in the first half of the game. For Falcons fans, I'm sure the good times and food was abundant. I could barely stomach any of the food that sat in front of me seeing the score increasing in the Falcons favor. Once the Patriots pulled off the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history, the good times and food were flowing.  

I was lucky enough to be in the presence of many other Patriot fans during the game. If one were to walk by the door, they would have heard doors slamming, fists meeting walls, and frustrated paces back and forth; in the first half only, of course. The amount of "Sorry for your loss" texts I got BEFORE the game was even over was, and is still appalling.

Pats nation's never lost faith but was quietly waiting for the beloved Tom Brady to create plays. With each completed pass came a breath of relief. With each touchdown it validated their greatness and our sanity. The comeback win should silence the haters and doubters of Tom Brady's talent. 

Whether or not one was happy with the score, or the teams that made it to the Super Bowl, it's safe to say that most of the populations stomachs were pleased. Roger that.