Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few months, you know that Stranger Things is the show to be watching on Netflix right now (seriously, if you haven't watched it yet, please reevaluate your priorities). The main character, Eleven, may have superpowers, but she's still a normal kid at heart, as shown by her love of Eggo waffles. Mutant children, they're just like us.

Here are 11 ways to spruce up your morning Eggos that Eleven herself would love.

1. BEC Eggo Waffle Breakfast Sandwich

syrup, pancake, butter, honey
Clarisse Callahan

This isn't your average BEC. These waffles are quickly fried in maple syrup before assembling the sandwich. It's every middle schooler's breakfast dream come true.

2. Waffle Pizza

cream, dairy product
Phoebe Melnick

Waffles aren't just for breakfast anymore. Or pizza isn't just for dinner? Basically, this recipe makes it okay to eat waffles and/or pizza any time of day.

3. S'more Waffles

chocolate, sweet, cream, cake, pastry, candy, waffle
Aoife Leogue

A waffle smothered in Nutella and marshmallows is truly my childhood dream come true. Throw it under the broiler for a few minutes to get that toasty marshmallow s'mores vibe. 

4. Bacon, Egg, Cheese and Avocado Breakfast Nachos

egg, vegetable, pasta, salad
Phoebe Melnick

Brunch may not have really been a thing in the '80s, but I'm confident it could have been if someone had thought of this incredible breakfast innovation. Start with a bed of toasted mini Eggos, then add whatever toppings your heart desires.

5. Apple Cinnamon Waffle French Toast

sweet, pastry, honey, cake
Dylan Barth

Ditch the apple cinnamon oatmeal and make this waffle-French toast hybrid instead. It sounds super fancy and complicated, but it's actually so easy, a kid could do it. Assembly takes only ten minutes and it can even be cooked in the microwave.

6. Mini Chicken and Waffle Sliders 

syrup, caramel, maple syrup
Katie Elliott

These sliders are kind of like Chick-Fil-A chicken minis, but better. You could also just use normal-sized chicken and waffles and make one big sandwich, because moderation is overrated.

7. Waffle Parfait

pastry, sweet, syrup, cake, cream, honey, pie, dairy product
Irene Kim

An upgrade so easy, you can even make it in the dining hall. Layer some yogurt, granola, and fruit, or any other toppings you can find, between a stack of waffles and you've basically got yourself a breakfast sundae. What kid (or college student) wouldn't love that?

8. Peanut Butter Banana Waffle Sandwich

bread, pastry, sweet, cake, cookie, dairy product
Maggie Lees

The only thing better than peanut butter and bananas sandwiched between bread is peanut butter and bananas sandwiched between waffles. Add some honey and cinnamon if you're feelin' feisty. 

9. Hash Brown, Egg, Sausage, and Goat Cheese Waffle Sandwich

egg, fried egg, cheese, bacon
Shalayne Pulia

Some people might consider Eggo waffles a food for children (I am not one of those people), but this waffle sandwich is definitely all grown up. If you're feeling extra adult, skip the frozen hash browns and make your own.

10. Fruit-Topped Waffles

berry, cream, pastry, sweet, raspberry, chocolate, jam, strawberry, cake
Dina Zaret

Perhaps the easiest way to spice up your morning Eggos is to just throw some fruit on top. It's also a great way to use up all that fruit you bought in the name of "being healthy" and then proceeded to ignore to the point where it's about to go bad. Don't lie, we've all done it.

11. Turkey, Brie, and Cranberry Waffle Panini

jam, toast
Emily Bulla

Save this one for those Thanksgiving leftovers. Or don't, I won't judge. If you happen to have some turkey and cranberry sauce just casually lying around, throw it all in between some Eggos. Eleven might not understand what Thanksgiving is (because of the whole being raised in a lab thing), but I think she would be into this sandwich.

Unlike Eleven, us college kids can get bored of the usual toasted, plain waffle every morning. Next time you feel this way, use these easy recipes to turn your breakfast routine upside down.