Eat breakfast, they said. It’s the most important meal of the day, they said. Well, let’s be honest with ourselves…breakfast is actually the hardest meal of the day. Ain’t nobody got time to cook the meal we really want every morning. So, what if I told you that there was a way to have it all? That you could wake up in the morning to the sweet scents of apple pie wafting from your kitchen? That your breakfast could cook itself while you sleep? With your crockpot and this recipe, all of those dreams will come true.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8-9 hours
Total Time: About 8-9 hours
2 apples, sliced
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
4 cups water
Honey to taste (optional)
1. Dice apples.
2. Toss apple bits, brown sugar and spices in to crock pot.
3. Cover with oats and water.
4. Cook the mixture in your crock pot for 8-9 hours. When you wake up, you’ll have a tasty breakfast. #Flawless.
1. For a creamier consistency, substitute water with any type of milk.
2. If you have apple pie spice, feel free to substitute the spices with 2 teaspoons of that instead.
3. In the morning, drizzle honey and more cinnamon over your bowl of oatmeal for a sweeter taste.
4. Add 1/2 cup quinoa for an added shot of protein.
More Oatmeal Recipes: