Food is super important: it helps us live and we live for it. We center our social events on food, our memories are based on food, and it makes us feel better. There are rarely people who don’t enjoy eating food, so it makes sense to try as many different foods as possible before you die. Here are some food-related activities you’ve gotta add to your bucket list. Go big or go home, amirite?

1. Afternoon Tea with Friends

bucket list

Photo courtesy of Table 28

Afternoon tea is a rite of passage. Tea sandwiches mixed with delicious pastries and flavorful tea is the only proper way to spend an afternoon. If you’re short on cash, you can do it yourself.

2. Eating Fondue

bucket list

Photo courtesy of My Name Is Yeh

Fondue has changed many lives. And why wouldn’t it? It’s a delicious pot of melted goodness (commonly in the form of cheese or chocolate, but not always) with amazing sides to dip in it. If you’ve already had fondue, try another type (s’mores fondue?).

3. Trying Chipotle

bucket list

Photo by Heather Harris

After eating Chipotle, you’ll never go back to another fast food chain again (in fact, you might even get addicted to Chipotle). Before your head to your nearest Chipotle, read up on some #LifeHacks to upgrade your Chipotle experience. So rush to Chipotle. Your life will be changed.

4. Going Vegan For A Week

bucket list

Photo courtesy of Brooklyn Supper

Beyonce is vegan, so why shouldn’t you go vegan? It helps you feel healthy, it reduces your carbon footprint, and there are tons of other benefits. Try it for a week and continue your normal diet or stay vegan.

5. Going Out For Bottomless Brunch

brunch

Photo by Becca Buchanan

Brunch is the most important meal of the dayand bottomless brunch is the best type of brunch you can get. Sure, you can hack your dining hall, but that doesn’t compare to the ~*real bottomless brunch experience*~. Head to a brunch place near you with your brunch bestie. And when you’re done relive those memories through #SpoonFeed and throw your own bangin’ brunch.

6. Go To An Edible Museum

bucket list

Photo courtesy of Kickstarter

In 2019, you’ll be able to have your cake and eat at too it at a museum. The Museum of Food and Drink is opening in New York, and is one of first food museums in America, featuring interactive exhibits. Even if you don’t live in New York, it’s worth the trip.

7. Eat Only Ice Cream For An Entire Day

bucket list

Photo by Amanda Shulman

What better way to show your love for ice cream, probably the best dessert ever, than eating it for an entire day. Try spicing it up with fruit or some cool toppings. Mix in some savory ice cream when you’ve lost your sweet tooth and make it out of bananas when you’re starting to feel sick.

8. Eat At a Food Truck

bucket list

Photo by Tiare Brown

You can get almost anything from a food truck. Track some food trucks using an app or go to a food truck festival. Once you find a truck, it’ll all be worth it.

9. Go Fruit-Picking

bucket list

Photo by Maggie Gorman

There are plenty of reasons to go fruit pickinglots of fruit picking guides and tons of fruit picking farms near you. So, if you haven’t done this yet, grab a few friends and some cash and get ready to pick some fruit.

10. DIY Cheese

bucket list

Photo courtesy of Skånska Matupplevelser

You can’t be a true #CheeseLover without making your own. You can use this 3-ingredient recipe to make homemade cheese in 30 minutes. When you’ve finished, make some grilled cheese or a nice bowl of ram n’ cheese.

11. Eat Sushi

bucket list

Photo by Eva Chen

California rolls don’t count. Conquer your fear of eating sushi and go get some at a sushi place near you. Hey, you might even meet a celebrity there.

12. Eat Samples at Costco For Lunch

bucket list

Photo courtesy of GalleryHip

Costco samples are basically a free sampling party. Find a friend with a Costco membership and get sampling.

13. Try A Quirky Hybrid Food

bucket list

Photo by Katya Simkhovich

Why wouldn’t you want two of your favorite foods combined in one? Try the iconic #cronut or some lesser known hybrid foods.

14. Try Raw Oysters

bucket list

Photo by Delissa Handoko

Don’t freak out – raw oysters are actually pretty good. But if you’re not ready, settle for some fried, charbroiled, and even candied oysters. So, get on it – the world is your oyster.

15. Eat Authentic Ethiopian Food

bucket list

Photo by Julie Mirliss

Get messy and start eating with your hands: Ethiopian food is sure to impress everyone. Step out of your comfort zone and into your nearest Ethiopian restaurant.

16. Have Dim Sum

bucket list

Photo courtesy of Abroadable

Eat some dim sum, but before you go, don’t be a dummy and learn how to navigate the dim sum menu.

17. Bite Into Your First Macaron

bucket list

Photo by Kenneth Camara

You’ve seen macarons all over Instagram. It’s time to try them yourself with help from this handy guide to macarons. If macarons aren’t near you, order some off the internet.

18. Eat A Crazy Ice Cream Flavor

bucket list

Photo by Alex Tom

Challenge your taste buds with savory ice cream or wine ice cream. Bonus: eat only ice cream for the day.

19. Eat A Fancy Hot Dog

bucket list

Photo by Dan Dao

Hot dogs carts are everywhere, and many of them sell fancified hot dogs with onions, chili, and many other favorite toppings. So, head out and try one.

20. Have Soul Food

bucket list

Photo courtesy of Jason Lam

You got to nourish your soul, and soul food is the best way to do it. Get some grits, chicken and waffles, and sweet tea (make it really sweet). Soul food is best served in the south.

21. Breakfast For Dinner

bucket list

Photo by Andrea Kang

Find the inner rebel within you and eat breakfast for dinner. Go all out and make the full English breakfast, microwave some oatmeal, or if you want to play it safe, make this savory pancake.

22. Eat At A Movie Theatre

bucket list

Photo Courtesy of The Sacramento Bee

Go to a dine in theatre near you, or if the closest one to you is 245 miles away (I feel), have a movie night at home and enjoy some movie-food pairings.

23. Experience Molecular Gastronomy

bucket list

Photo courtesy of The Delicious View

You don’t have to like Chemistry to enjoy molecular gastronomy. You can even make these recipes yourself.

24. Participate In A Food Eating Contest

bucket list

Photo courtesy of NY Daily News

Break out your nicest maternity dress and try competitive eating. It’s fun, insane (in a good way), and who wouldn’t want to eat 300 hot dogs in a minute? #goals

25. Make Food Art

bucket list

Photo courtesy of juduoqu.com

Bring out your inner kid and play with your food. Start with some food art for noobs or pancake art and soon you’ll be featured in museums across the world. Just don’t forget to Instagram it with #SpoonFeed.

26. Eat Southern BBQ

bucket list

Photo by Rafi Letzter

Get out your blue jeans and get ready to cross the border into the South. If you’re from the North, learn a little about BBQ before you go to a Texas steakhouse and order some South Carolina BBQ ribs.

27. Attend a Murder Mystery Dinner

murder dinner

Gif courtesy of 390 nm

Get your food served with an interactive show and the excitement of murder. Murder mystery parties are like playing clue in real life, and there are tons of resources for beginners.

28. Eat 180 Oysters in One Sitting

oyster

Photo Courtesy of Travel Channel

At Acme Oyster House in New Orleans, Louisiana, they have a 15 Dozen Club Challenge, where they challenge people to eat 180 oysters. If you’ve already had oysters and loved them, then this is a great way to get your oyster fix.

29. Eat The Spiciest Thing On Earth

bucket list

Photo by Abby Wang

If you think your minty mouthwash is too “spicy” you might not want to add this to your bucket list (instead, try increasing your spicy food tolerance). But, if Sriracha is starting to bore you, hit up one of these spicy food hot spots. Just take some precautions.

30. Eat A Sink Full of Ice Cream In Under 30 Minutes

bucket list

Image courtesy of San Francisco Creamery Co.

If you’ve already ate only ice cream for a day and didn’t get sick of it, you should try this challenge. At San Francisco Creamery, they are offering free ice cream for a year to the person who finishes this sink of ice cream in under 30 minutes.

31. Compete Against Your Friends In A Chubby Bunny Challenge

bucket list

Image courtesy of YouTube

Stuff marshmallows into your mouth and say “chubby bunny” between each marshmallow you add. It’ll finally give you a chance to see how big your mouth is.

32. Go To A Restaurant From Your Favorite TV Show

bucket list

Photo courtesy of Everett Collection

Did you know the restaurant from Seinfeld is actually located in New York City? It’s called Tom’s Restaurant and it’s still open today. Unfortunately, some restaurants don’t exist in real life, though.

33. Eat 11 Pounds Of Pizza With A Friend In An Hour

bucket list

Image courtesy of Buyer Campus

Big Pie In The Sky hosts a challenge to eat a whole 11 pound pizza in under an hour. Nothing says friendship like teamwork in eating this huge pizza (and winning).

More things to add on your bucket list: