It’s better than your birthday, Christmas, and New Years combined. National Tequila Day only comes once a year, so follow these tips to make the day memorable (hopefully). Here are 24 ways to celebrate.
1. Enjoy a tequila sunrise
Watch a sunrise… in your glass, at least. Find the recipe (and many more) here.
2. Make a margarita
Duh. Get ready to fire up the blender with this recipe.
3. Turn that margarita into ice cream
Serve in a margarita glass for added fun factor. Bonus: no ice cream maker necessary. Make it like this.
4. Or just buy some tequila-infused ice cream if you’re feeling lazy
TBH, childhood favorites always taste better spiked. Buy this flavor (and many more) here.
5. Pour some of the good stuff into fresh salsa
Make it spicy salsa for double the kick. Recipe here.
6. Sip on something infused
Homemade infused tequila is as classy as it’s going to get all day. Find out how to make it here.
7. Make yourself a Mexican boozy brunch
Sombrero optional, but recommended. Get all the recipes here.
8. Get watermelon wasted with a watermelon marg
Follow Beyonce’s lead and start drinkin’ watermelon with this watermelon margarita.
9. Pretend it’s Cinco de Drinko
Tequila begs for a side of guac. Celebrate the right way, with a bowl of green goodness next to your marg.
10. Embrace cheap tequila
Find out what’s worth spending ~some~ money on, and what will make you feel like your lungs are on fire.
11. Adultify a Dunkin’ classic and make Tequila Donut Holes
Tequila is the new chocolate. Pop these tequila donut holes by the dozen on the best day of the year.
12. Chase with key lime pie cookies
Make your chaser a little sweeter with this bomb recipe.
13. Experiment with some other tequila mixed drinks
You can only make so many margaritas in one day, so try these less popular, but equally delicious, tequila cocktails. Get the recipes here.
14. Raise a (shot) glass to tequila improving your health
Lowered cholesterol and a cleansed colon are enough of a reason to celebrate. Medicinal margaritas are legal in every state, for those that are 21 of course…
15. Instead of frying your skin, make fried tequila shots
Take a break from day-drinking by the pool to make these deep-fried shots inside.
16. Get creative with the drinking games
Why Netflix and chill when you can Netflix and chug?
17. Turn up the heat with jalapeño margaritas
This jalapeño margarita is just what you need after a slew of fruity drinks.
18. Then cool it down with tequila popsicles
Bring it down a notch with these tequila sunrise popsicles.
#SpoonTip: We know you’re already drunk, but don’t forget that popsicles (obviously) take forever to freeze. Make sure you prep them the night before!
19. Daydrink like a pro
Check out these tips if you wanna do Tequila Day right (aka without passing out midday).
20. Soup up your shot
These aren’t regular shots. They’re cool shots.
21. Give a shoutout to Sarah Palin
According to this article, the part-time politician/part-time star of SNL gif’s spirit drink is tequila shots. #partylikepalin
22. Get patriotic with red, white and blue Jell-O shots
The 4th of July might have been three weeks ago, but you can still make these red, white, and blue shots to pledge your allegiance to tequila.
23. Do less with your Snapchat
Trust us, it’s already going to be pretty hard to remember most of the day. Make it a little easier by focusing on your shot, not your story.
24. Move to Oregon
If you’re really committed to celebrating National Tequila Day, there’s no better place than the most hipster state in the union, where the most popular drink is Jose Cuervo.
We’re serious. Move. Now.