It’s time for another round of turning dope desserts into bomb-ass cookies my friends. On this episode of Make it Into a Cookie, we’re taking a classic fave – key lime pie – and we’re making it into a cookie. Hayyy.

Let’s break it down for ya. We took a sugar cookie recipe and added some crushed graham crackers to it to resemble the graham cracker crust of a key lime pie and THEN we made a creamy key lime filling to go inside of it. Can you say orgasm of the mouth?

It was a pretty unreal experience and we’re delighted to share it with you. Now go out there and get your key lime pie cookie on. They’re freakin’ tasty, just look at ’em sparkle.

Key Lime Pie Cookies

• Prep Time:1 hour
  • Cook Time:6-7 minutes
  • Total Time:1 hour 7 minutes
  • Advanced

• 2 limes
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar plus a little extra for rollng
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 3/4 cup crushed graham crackers
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 pinch salt
Photo by Elena Besser

Using your handheld mixer, or a whisk, mix cream cheese until it is silky smooth.

Add in lime juice and powdered sugar. Mix it up real good.

Add in the lime zest and mix it up. It’s a bitch, but tasting the filling at the end makes it all worth it.

#SpoonTip: If you want more tang, add more lime juice, if you want more lime flavor, add more lime zest.

On a parchment lined baking sheet, teaspoon your filling mixture into dollops and freeze for 1-2 hours.

Preheat your oven to 375°F.

Cream together sugar, butter, vanilla extract and egg yolk.

Crush your graham crackers nice and good and do a dance while you are crushing to pass the time. Or, just buy some already crushed ones. But that’s no fun…

In a different bowl, mix together your crushed graham crackers, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Mix it up with your hands. That’s right, get dirty. Oh yeahh.

Combine your wet and dry ingredients. The dough will be crumbly so you’re gonna want to mix this with your hands to really stick the dough together.

BONUS: EAT THE DOUGH OFF YOUR HANDS. Praise.

Take a tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball. Repeat this step so you have 2 balls of dough. Flatten both balls into a patty. Place a dollop of frozen filling in the center of one cookie and sandwich the other patty on top. Seal the edges of the cookies with your fingers. 

You don’t want the filling to show so to add more dough to cover up any open spots. 

Roll the patty shaped cookies in sugar and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. The cookies will spread so make sure they are far enough apart.

Bake in the oven for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.

Carefully transfer the cookies to a cooling rack or plate and let the cookies cool for 5-10 minutes.

The filling is nice and melty when the cookies first come out of the oven so if you’re not patient then they’ll ooze all over you and no one wants that shit. 

Enjoy these bad boys because it was a journey making them.