There are always reasons to drink more tequila, but this might be the best one yet. Channel your inner hipster and grab all the mason jars you have, because you’re about the change your relationship with tequila for the better.

While there are many different flavor combinations that can take your margs to the next level, each recipe below calls for the same three items: a large airtight glass container (like a 16oz. Mason jar), whatever fruit or herbs you want to use for flavor, and most importantly, tequila.

Tequila

From there, the process is simple. Dump your infusing ingredients in a jar and fill it to the top with tequila. Give it a good shake and store in a cool, dark place for at least 12 hours. For stronger flavor, you can let it hang out for 10 days at the most, shaking the jar once a day to make sure the flavors mix well. After it’s infused, strain the mixture using a strainer or a coffee filter to remove any pulp.

#Spoontip: Silver tequila works best for this because it has the cleanest, most neutral flavor. It’s also the most wallet-friendly, so win-win.

Tequila

Blend any of these infused tequilas with triple sec, juice and ice, and you’ve got yourself a classy margarita on a college budget. Here are six infused tequila recipes sure to remind you why you loved tequila in the first place.

1. Jalapeño + Grapefruit

Tequila

Photo courtesy of @bostonchicparty on Instagram

This blend of spicy and fruity is super refreshing and tasty. You’ll need two small jalapeños and one large grapefruit. Slice and peel the grapefruit, removing as much of the pith as you can. Slice the jalapeños lengthwise, removing the seeds and core. Place both the grapefruit and jalapeño slices in the jar and fill the rest with tequila. This combo would give an extra kick to your grapefruit or watermelon margarita.

2. Blueberry + Lemon

Tequila

Photo courtesy of @feedus_werehungry on Instagram

This springtime combo is sure to make a killer blueberry margarita. It calls for one cup of blueberries and two small lemons, cut and peeled with the pith removed. Fill the jar with your ingredients and tequila and wait for the magic to happen.

3. Orange + Cranberry

Tequila

Photo courtesy of @ayomaexy on Instagram

Nothing really beats a Tequila Sunrise on a warm day, except maybe taking away all that sugar from the OJ and grenadine by infusing the orange and cranberry flavors right into the tequila. Peel, slice, and remove the pith of one large orange. Then, fill your jar with the orange, one cup of cranberries and your tequila. After it’s had time to mix well, strain it and enjoy summer in a shot glass.

4. Ginger + Lime

Tequila

Photo courtesy of @gracebrbnr on Instagram

Get all the health benefits of ginger while getting your buzz on with this flavorful combo. Place 1/3 cup of unpeeled ginger, thinly sliced, with one peeled and sliced lime in a clean jar. Add in your tequila and give it a good shake. When this mixture is done infusing, you’ll have the perfect base for a Moscow Mule-inspired margarita. Cheers to good health.

5. Cucumber + Mint

Tequila

Photo courtesy of @sagan.emerson on Instagram

Muddle a couple sprigs of mint in the bottom of your jar. Add in one sliced cucumber and top it off with tequila. Blend your infused tequila with ice, lime juice and triple sec for the ultimate relaxation margarita.

Tequila

6. Asian Pear + Honeydew

Tequila

Photo courtesy of @niecythrone on Instagram

These two subtly sweet flavors blend well together to create a bright, refreshing drink. Peel and slice one Asian pear and add half of one honeydew, cut into chunks and poured into a jar. Fill with tequila, shake, and let the fruit do its thing.

Don’t forget, tequila has many health benefits. So pour generously and celebrate the end of winter blues.

Tequila