We’ve all done it — drunk ordered from that chain pizza restaurant down the street. My dad still brags about having the number of the closest pizza shop to his fraternity memorized. But is your go-to pizza chain really the best option in your area?

Here’s a ranking of the best pizza chains in the country so you know that if you’re going to order a pie or stop by yourself, at least you’re getting the biggest bang for your buck.

15. Little Caesar's

Little Caesar's has built an empire on providing super cheap pizza to customers without any wait time. The result is a slightly below average pizza with tons of cheese and pepperoni on top. They’re doing something right, because it was once named the fastest growing pizza chain in the US. 

14. Godfather's Pizza

Although Godfather’s only offers pizza and very limited sides at select locations, they keep up with other pizza chains with their bizarre pizza toppings. Personally, I’d like to try the taco pizza with a taquito-stuffed crust or one of their dessert pizzas. But, alas, there’s no Godfather’s near where I live. 

13. Sbarro

Another chain pizza restaurant offering cheap and fast options, Sbarro takes it up a notch by offering stromboli and pasta as alternative entree options.

They had a location in the late-night dining hall closest to my dorm this year, and I have to say that those stromboli hit the spot after a late night out. 

12. Papa John's

While Papa John’s does offer wings and a variety of breadsticks, they’re a bit of a let-down, so that leaves us with the pizza. Papa John’s falls a little short of expectations on their pan pizzas, but they make up for it with a variety of specialty pizzas that don’t skimp on toppings at all, especially the meat. 

If meat’s not your thing, there are also meatless specialties that are just as loaded with veggies. 

11. Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut offers three crust options on their pizza: pan, hand tossed, and thin. They’re cheap, but more flavorful than many pizza joints. They also differentiate themselves from other pizza chain restaurants by coming up with limited-time crazy pizza hybrids, like cheesy bites pizza. 

10. Round Table Pizza

This themed pizza chain restaurant doesn’t joke around with frozen dough. Round Table makes its dough fresh in each store and offers a variety of specialty pizzas with high quality Italian toppings. 

A few select locations sell beer, the perfect complement to any pizza. Others have lunch or dinner buffets. Check out your local location for any special offerings. 

9. Domino's

Offering a variety of pizzas, pastas, sandwiches, wings, breads, and salads, the menu still doesn’t make Domino’s seem like a special chain pizza restaurant.

Their newest innovation, the pizza drone, however, takes them a huge step above your average delivery pizza joint. At any time, you know exactly where your next cheesy meal is right up until it's dropped on your doorstep. 

I may have also given Domino’s some under-the-table bonus points for one of the best chocolate lava cakes I’ve ever tasted. I think they put a little magic in that thing. 

#SpoonTip: There are plenty of vegan Domino's options, so everyone can enjoy this pizza chain.

8. CiCi's Pizza

This pizza chain restaurant has a special place in my heart for two reasons. The first being the all you can eat buffet. Build your plate exactly how you want with salad, pasta, a variety of pizzas, breads, and desserts.

If you need a second reason, I have one menu item: CiCi's macaroni and cheese pizza.  

7. Papa Murphy's

Although Papa Murphy’s doesn’t extend their menu far beyond pizzas (only offering one salad and a few bread and dessert items), they keep customers coming back. How do they do it? First off, the Take 'N Bake idea is truly unique among pizza chain restaurants. 

But how do they differentiate the pizzas themselves from plain old delivery joints? With stuffed pizza, of course. This ain’t your average stuffed crust, but a full two layers of pizza. 

6. Your Pie

If you’re wondering what your experience will be like at Your Pie, think pizza done Chipotle-style. These pizzas are customizable with fresh dough and ingredients that you know are quality because they’re assembled in front of you.

If deciding what you want is too stressful, you can try one of their signature pies, like the seasonal peach prosciutto. 

5. Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom

This chain is where we move to pizza chain restaurants with more of a dining experience in-restaurant. Not only does Old Chicago offer a large menu of specialty pizzas, but they also have decent bar grub, too.

Wash it all down with a cold beer on tap for a great experience that will leave you questioning if you’re even in a chain pizza restaurant. The only drawback is the limited number of locations. 

4. Uno's Pizzeria

With several types of pizza, pasta, salad, chicken, seafood, steak, sandwiches, and soups to choose from, there’s something for everyone eating at Uno’s. But if you really want to get straight to what makes them special, order a deep dish pizza. They claim that they invented it!

3. Mellow Mushroom

There’s just something about Mellow Mushroom’s crust that puts it a step above all other pizza that I’ve ever had. Combine that with the most unique pizza names and flavor combinations out of any pizza chain restaurant, and you already have a winner.

Add the sandwiches, salads, calzones, and craft beer, and you almost won’t ever need another pizza place. The only problem: They have a limited number of locations. 

2. Giordano's Restaurant and Pizzeria

With only 12 locations outside of Chicago, this is the smallest pizza chain restaurant on the list. But what they lose in accessibility, they make up for in decadence.

Giordano's deep dish pizzas are stuffed with more cheese and sauce than you ever thought you needed. Plus, they have all the other classic Italian dishes you grew up loving, including dessert. 

If you’re a little far from a location to visit, you can actually get one shipped to you. This is a chain restaurant that elevates the bar for all others in flavor and quality. 

1. California Pizza Kitchen

This pizza chain restaurant takes the gold with a slightly more upscale dining experience to go with delicious, innovative flavors. California Pizza Kitchen invented the barbecue pizza in 1985, but they didn’t stop there. Now they offer a wide range of pizzas with fresh, California-inspired ingredients alongside pastas, power bowls, and amazing salads. The wood fired oven takes these pizzas to a level beyond chain pizza.

I’ve given you the down-low on the best pizza chains to the best of my ability, but don’t take my word for it. Get out there and experience the pizza. There’s no time for cheesy carbs like the present.